Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Exactly.

Keep scouting college QBs because he may not be the guy.

I hope the team does their due diligence just in case.
Yeah, if there is a Goff or Wentz at the top of the draft and we are picking high, and Prescott puts up a series of performances like this, I would be taking another rookie in the first round.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think the evidence shows that he is one of the worst in the league and it really shouldn't be up for debate.

Without Romo to prop his worthless ass up he's proven to be incapable of leading his team to a meaningful win.
Well I guess we disagree.

dallen

Senior Tech
I wonder if the idiots on Twitter pointing out Bailey would have had to make a 60 yard FG realize he crushed 54 and 56 yard field goals right down the middle with plenty of room to spare. It was no gimme, but no one should have been shocked if he made it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Exactly.

Why?

You are ready to write him off after 1 game.

The number of QB's starting the 1st game in their rookie seasons with better stat lines are minimal, I really have no idea what you exspected.

townsend

Banned
I think the evidence shows that he is one of the worst in the league and it really shouldn't be up for debate.

Without Romo to prop his worthless ass up he's proven to be incapable of leading his team to a meaningful win.
Even with Romo he's only managed one winning season. that's pretty piss poor. Campo never had a 10th of the talent on his roster that Garrett has been used to.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Absolutely, I am not making any final calls.

But I definitely think the Giants figured some things out about him in the second half.

Now Romo was a four year veteran, but pretty much from the minute he stepped onto the field in 2006 he was unstoppable. One game down, not so for Prescott. Let's see where he goes, but as for me, I am keeping an open mind that he may not be the future. I think today's game was more of an indication of his limitations than his potential.

No matter what he was better than Weeden and Cassel by far. Not sure he will be a Romo though.
That's some impressive revisionist history. Romo threw an INT on his very first throw after taking over for Bledsoe in the 2nd half against the Giants. He finished that game with 3 INTs. He finished the season with 19 TDs against 13 INTs, certainly good numbers for his first prolonged stretch of action in the NFL, but nowhere near unstoppable.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why?

The number of QB's starting the 1st game in their rookie seasons with better stat lines are minimal, I really have no idea what you exspected.
I've made it clear a number of times already that I am not writing him off.

I'm saying I didn't see anything promising or encouraging today from his play.

Hopefully it improves going forward, but today was meh.

townsend

Banned
Why?

Also, how many 1st game starting Rookie QBs are forced to pitch the ball 45 times in there debut? Romo usually looks like shit when his attempts get that high.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, if there is a Goff or Wentz at the top of the draft and we are picking high, and Prescott puts up a series of performances like this, I would be taking another rookie in the first round.
:dunce

Have you seen Goff play this preseason.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I agree with this he showed no patience it will be interesting to see if there were any cutback lanes.
He got stacked up a lot in the backfield. I think to call him a failure at this point is a little premature. He did need more reps in the preseason though.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Exactly.

Me too. I do like what I've seen of Dak so far, the good news is it looks like he could be anywhere from a solid backup who can win some games in the league to a solid long term answer for us at QB.

My fear is we don't find a definitive answer, but due to the glimpses of greatness we may see we don't look for any other QB the next year or two. Unfortunately I don't think we will find a definitive answer in one year, let alone possibly only 6-8 games. I hope he continues to improve and shows he can be the guy. But if not we will have some interesting decisions to make. I have a feeling he'll just look decent and we will go with him and Romo again for next year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I've made it clear a number of times already that I am not writing him off.

I'm saying I didn't see anything promising or encouraging today from his play.

Hopefully it improves going forward, but today was meh.
So if Beasley and Dez caught those TD passes would you be impressed?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Garrett's in this class of coaches. Agree or disagree?

Jim Caldwell
Mike McCoy
Jay Gruden
Mike Mularkey
Rex Ryan

I don't think he's better than any of the other coaches in the league....excluding the first year guys.

One of the worst coaches in the league.

dallen

Senior Tech

I think you over estimate the level of coaching in the league. Most coaching in the NFL is pretty bad.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So if Beasley and Dez caught those TD passes would you be impressed?
Not with his 2nd half.

Bad decisions, wildly inaccurate at times....his 2nd half wasn't good at all.

Beasley's was a drop, but I don't think Dez's TD was. Very difficult catch that he never fully grasped.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Garrett's in this class of coaches. Agree or disagree?

Jim Caldwell
Mike McCoy
Jay Gruden
Mike Mularkey
Rex Ryan

I don't think he's better than any of the other coaches in the league....excluding the first year guys.

One of the worst coaches in the league.
Disagree Gruden, McCoy and Caldwell have done more with less.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think you over estimate the level of coaching in the league. Most coaching in the NFL is pretty bad.
I see other coaches pull out wins with the likes of Shaun Hill and Brandon Weeden.

Garrett without Romo is an "L" every time out.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Not with his 2nd half.

Bad decisions, wildly inaccurate at times....his 2nd half wasn't good at all.

Beasley's was a drop, but I don't think Dez's TD was. Very difficult catch that he never fully grasped.
agreed. he never had one throw where you said, "wow, even Romo can't do that." that said, he's more of a threat to run down the field than #9

Top Bottom