Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Dolphins| - 8/4/13

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Allen was surprisingly good. Humorous and heartfelt.

Parcells was good but I think I was expecting more somehow. I like the Lawrence Taylor line though.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Gaw, why do I get all choked when I watch these guys give their speeches?

It brings back memories that we will never create again with the Cowboys. Let that sink in, fellas.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Allen was surprisingly good. Humorous and heartfelt.

Parcells was good but I think I was expecting more somehow. I like the Lawrence Taylor line though.
The LT line was great. I'm assuming he wasn't there. I was expecting the camera to pan to him after Parcells made that comment but it never did.

As for the speech as a whole, I thought it was good. It was just Parcells spitting knowledge and passing on life lessons in true Parcells fashion.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Gaw, why do I get all choked when I watch these guys give their speeches?

It brings back memories that we will never create again with the Cowboys. Let that sink in, fellas.
Cris Carter had the most emotional speech. I was shocked. Everyone kept saying Sapp was going to be the big bag of water but the only time he teared up was at the end of his speech when he was talking about his ex-wife.

Carl

RIP Brother
I love how the ticker says "Warren Sapp, Bill Parcells, and Cris Carter headline NFL Hall of Fame inductees."

Except Larry Allen was probably better at his job than all of them. And that is really saying something given the esteem in which I hold Bill Parcells, I think he's a top 5 coach all time.

Meaning Larry Allen is better than a top 5 guard, all time.
Agreed. B Broaddus said on Twitter than Allen is one of the 5 Best players he has ever seen in the NFL.

As for Cris Carter, I just don't get how he is a HOF'er. When was he the best receiver on his own team? When was he the best WR on a team that did anything?

Ogden I get, even Sapp to some extent, but not Carter.

And, I would vote Jimmy Johnson in ahead of Parcells. But that's just me.

Who is the next Cowboy that gets in? It should be Charles Haley, but I think it might be Jerry Jones...can you imagine.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Agreed. B Broaddus said on Twitter than Allen is one of the 5 Best players he has ever seen in the NFL.

As for Cris Carter, I just don't get how he is a HOF'er. When was he the best receiver on his own team? When was he the best WR on a team that did anything?

Who is the next Cowboy that gets in? It should be Charles Haley, but I think it might be Jerry Jones...can you imagine.
I agree about Carter but Sapp 100% deserves to be in, there's no debate on that one.

Unless Jerry dies in like the next 5 years Witten and Ware will go in before him, Jerry will most likely be a 1st ballot HOF'er though.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Continuing to punish Haley is ridiculous. He should already be in. Darren Woodson should go too but the HOF doesn't seem to value safeties that much so who knows when or if it happens.

It will never ever happen because he didn't do it over a long enough period of time and played at RT, but Erik Williams pre-car wreck, I would argue, was one of the most dominant forces at T the league has ever seen and there are players nowhere near as good already in the HOF.

Genghis Khan

If Brian Dawkins gets in but Woodson doesn't I will be pissed. Woodson was easily the better player.

1bigfan13

Staff member

When it comes to Cris Carter, you and Simp are crazy. Carter was a great receiver. And as for your question about when was he the best receiver on his own team. Carter was a great receiver for about 7 years before Moss even entered the NFL. He didn't need Moss.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
When it comes to Cris Carter, you and Simp are crazy. Carter was a great receiver. And as for your question about when was he the best receiver on his own team. Carter was a great receiver for about 7 years before Moss even entered the NFL. He didn't need Moss.
Agreed. Carter deserves the HOF.

Genghis Khan

:lol you mean Jake Reid wasn't better than Chris Carter?

I hate Carter but he deserves the HOF and I love the fact that the Eagles had him and let him go after 2 or whatever years (even though they had good reason).

Genghis Khan

One thing that stands out is when I watched the Parcells highlights it struck me how much I miss having a great HC here.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, Parcells' speech was good, but not great. I agree with the "I expected more" crowd.

But his best moments was being candid and not prepared, when he was sparring with journalists or his own players. So I guess it's to be expected.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Carter deserves the HOF nod.

The receiver who has absolutely no business in the hall is Art Monk.

He was never a #1 receiver, never a dominant player, and never was the focus of the defense. Wes Welker plays a similar role but is a better player, IMO, and I don't even think he belongs.

Monk got in because of years of crying from people involved with the Redskins.

Top Bottom