Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Cardinals| - 8/3/17

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:unsure

Um, does anyone else want to break the news to Iamtdg?

It was an excellent route. But it was by Brian Brown, a WR out of Richmond. Noah Brown wears number 85 I think.
Yeah, you're right. I double-checked after I posted it, and realized I had the wrong Brown.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:unsure

Um, does anyone else want to break the news to Iamtdg?

It was an excellent route. But it was by Brian Brown, a WR out of Richmond. Noah Brown wears number 85 I think.
You are correct. In Iamtdg's defense it's hard to keep track of names and numbers during TC, especially common names like Brown, Williams, Jones, etc unless they're well known/established players.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I like that Andy Jones. I haven't seen much from Noah Brown at this point. If I had to pick, I'd take Jones over him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Damn, this is a good looking route. Noah Brown.

"Brown route" seems like a euphemism for something.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I like Brown and hope they find a way to keep him. I don't think he makes it to the practice roster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like that Andy Jones. I haven't seen much from Noah Brown at this point. If I had to pick, I'd take Jones over him.
Yeah I've read reports but haven't seen anything yet. Still lots of time. Plus Andy Jones didn't do shit in preseason last year but this year he actually looks to have improved. I would like one of those two to make the roster

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I like Brown and hope they find a way to keep him. I don't think he makes it to the practice roster.
I think he will. There are plenty of big, slowish receivers on NFL rosters at this time of year. Let's not pretend this is the next Anquan Boldin. I don't see anything suspect he'll be able to push for a spot on the roster. He'd have to be lights out from here on out.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Andy Jones is a dime a dozen guy.

Can make the plays in preseason, but in the regular season it comes down to traits when you get down to the last WR on the roster.

Put Andy Jones against a starting NFL cornerback, he probably doesn't even come close to a reception.

It comes down to which guy plays special teams better. I think Brown is a more physical guy and that favors his game more.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think he will. There are plenty of big, slowish receivers on NFL rosters at this time of year. Let's not pretend this is the next Anquan Boldin. I don't see anything suspect he'll be able to push for a spot on the roster. He'd have to be lights out from here on out.
Agreed. Really all they have to do the rest of the preseason is bury him and he makes it.

The only team that might take a shot at a player like him is if they liked him in the draft process and they really have a huge need at the position.

Like the Jets.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gonna post this in here since I don't feel like starting another thread for other preseason action.

Texans at Panthers tonight.

Interesting to see how the Panthers approached this and the Texans as well.

It was starters on starters for the first series.

Panthers had constant pressure on Savage, they aggressively played the first series.

Now I am very intrigued to see Christian McCaffrey.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Side note for the Texans...if Watson cannot beat out Savage, he is a damn bust.

Top Bottom