Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 7 | Eagles at Cowboys | 10/20/19

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
His stats may have looked good but he wasn't running like this. He wasn't breaking tackles and making guys miss. Tonight he did all of the above. Hopefully he is getting in a groove along with the Oline getting healthy.
I agree. It was Zeke’s best by far. He looked explosive and very fast. He also broke out a new move or two.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
This is why he is worth the money. Nobody in the league faces more loaded fronts than he does, and he still produces. He'll break a couple long ones before too much longer.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Have to 100% admit, I didn't see this coming.

I was really convinced we'd get rolled tonight.

Just makes the last 3 weeks, and especially last week so mind numbingly frustrating.
Its a total pattern with Garrett....games you should win by a landslide- they get their asses kicked. Games no one gives them a chance....they win. Obviously its not that way EVERY time...but its pretty damn close. Totally frustrating, but something that has been a Garrett trademark.

data

Forbes #1

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
There’s no fucking way that game plan nor those plays were from Redball’s playbook.
It was pretty obvious Garrett was removed from the offense

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think this was a pretty conservative gameplan today. We really didn't go deep except when we had to and were successful with it save the ill-advised pick throwing to Austin. Our execution was just world's better.
We had 2 rb sets and many more obvious plays that showed this wasn't a Garrett gameplan....if you think execution was the only difference between tonight and the last 3 weeks I can't take you seriously anymore

lostxn

DCC 4Life
We had 2 rb sets and many more obvious plays that showed this wasn't a Garrett gameplan....if you think execution was the only difference between tonight and the last 3 weeks I can't take you seriously anymore
Ohs nos. I am crushed some rando on a message board hurt my feelings. Wah...

Carp

DCC 4Life
We are better than the Eagles, when totally healthy, but we can’t forfeit every game that Smith or Collins miss. That is the sign of a great team. The Packers win with poop at WR, so it can be done. Smith is going to miss at least another game, so we can’t fall off like we did when he was hurt.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think this was a pretty conservative gameplan today. We really didn't go deep except when we had to and were successful with it save the ill-advised pick throwing to Austin. Our execution was just world's better. The lines also played much better though the DTs are still an issue.
We actually went deep though which was a change from the last 3 weeks. There was also a lot more creativity in the run game. And even in fourth and short situations we did things like ran play fakes and boots instead of the normal run it up the gut with Zeke stuff.

GShock

DCC 4Life
We actually went deep though which was a change from the last 3 weeks. There was also a lot more creativity in the run game. And even in fourth and short situations we did things like ran play fakes and boots instead of the normal run it up the gut with Zeke stuff.
100% this.

vs. the Jets in the second half, it was running Zeke into a brick wall.
This week we used the defense's focus on Zeke to misdirection them into huge plays.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Its buried in the article someone posted (in the NFL forum) about the Redskins coaching search. Garrett is mentioned as a possibility and they note his extension was basically pulled back after that Rams loss.
The snippet from the article:

To that point, the Cowboys pulled a U-turn on giving Garrett an extension beyond the 2019 season after already having one prepared before the team was dismissed from the NFC Divisional Round by the Los Angeles Rams

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm just saying, be prepared to be disappointed
Yep. People forget Jerry did this to Garrett in 2014, too. The team of course had an unexpectedly good year and he got his extension after the season.

Jerry is so superstitious/weird he probably thinks the same thing will happen by making Garrett a lame duck again. This is a guy who bragged on Hard Knocks about Quincy having the same birthday as him, as if that had any significance at all.

It's going to take a collapse to not keep Garrett and I don't think that can possibly happen in this crappy division. Unless there are some major injuries, which would provide the excuse.

data

Forbes #1
Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to find video of the four holding penalties called on us on that one 2nd half drive.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom