Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 11 | Cowboys @ Lions | 11/17/19

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something that could’ve been brought to our attention before we extended him!!!! /Adam Sandler
I mean for the shit Kellen Moore gets he has brought the passing game up to elite status this year. Him and Jon Kitna have helped Dak get to elite status. Unfortunately the defense has gotten worse. Even with Quinn and Bennett making plays.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Kupp is a lucky MFer. Fumble a fraction of a second later, and that's Bears ball.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Something that could’ve been brought to our attention before we extended him!!!! /Adam Sandler
To be fair, I think defenses are still keying in on Zeke and forcing Dak to beat them; which he’s doing when coaching doesn’t get in his way.

Eventually, defenses will have to try to stop Dak and open things up for Zeke.

I just wish the defense could find themselves. It’s maddening to see essentially the same personnel who dominated last year play so poorly this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No.

I'm surprised teams are still sitting on our running game at this point since our passing game is now way more dangerous.
It doesn't seem like many NFL teams are still running 2 high safeties anymore on a regular basis. It's not just against us. So I'm not really sure how much teams are really doing against us to stop the run.

data

Forbes #1
Trubisky doesn’t suck, he just needs five downs to get 1st Downs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How do I change the number of posts per page in a thread? It’s interminably long right now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
For all intents and purposes it doesn't matter whether we are 8-5 or 9-6 or if the Eagles are 8-5 or 9-6 going into the game in Philly, if we are to assume the following is true:

1. We lose in New England
2. The Eagles won't lose to either the Giants or Skins

If we were to somehow beat New England and lose to the Rams then we could have the tiebreaker against the Eagles even if we lose to them and both finish 5-1 in the division. Of course if they lose to the Giants or Skins we'd have the tiebreaker on them even if we split the head to head 1-1.

So basically as long as we don't shockingly win in NE, and as long as the Giants/Skins don't upset the Eagles, it doesn't matter what happens in these next 4 games as long as we go 2-2.

With all that said, all that really matters is ridding ourselves of Garrett and that Prescott has proven himself to be the long-term solution at QB.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There were some that were against the signing. My primary reason was that he should have been forced to play the 2019 season before any further extension talks. Additionally I pointed out the risk of players performance after they get their huge contract. Jones was really fleeced to allow a player to dictate terms having 2 years remaining on their contract. Like many he didn’t think the offense could survive without him. Guess what?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
At this point you have to be comfortable paying Dak 34 a year, which would be the 2nd highest AAV in the league, right?

He's a clear cut top 10 MVP candidate, maybe even top 5, and the only question left for me is can he single-handedly lift up an average offensive supporting cast like Wilson does in Seattle?

That's the only thing keeping me from going to 35, but when you factor in inflation and how these things work, I think the Cowboys should be happy to give him 34 a year at this point.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
How do I change the number of posts per page in a thread? It’s interminably long right now.
Iamtdg set it at 50. I'm not sure if individual users can manually set it at 20, 25, etc.

Top Bottom