Free Agency/Cuts/Signings Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
ESPN - Super Bowl champion Seahawks acquire QB Terrelle Pryor from Raiders - Adam Schefter and multiple reports

Cotton

Staff member
Browns to give Vince Young a look-see

Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT

He’s back. Possibly. Maybe.

Quarterback Vince Young, the third overall pick in the 2006 draft who has been out of the NFL since 2011, will participate in the Browns’ voluntary minicamp on a tryout basis this week, according to Mark Berman of FOX 26 in Houston.

Young, who will take a physical on Monday, spent portions of the offseason in 2012 and 2013 with the Bills and Packers, respectively.

The Browns’ interest isn’t surprising. For starters, their best options currently are Brian Hoyer, who’s recovering from a torn ACL, and Alex Tanney, who’s best known for his abilities as a trick-shot artist.

Besides, owner Jimmy Haslam, a Tennessean, witnessed Young become a Pro Bowler in both 2006 and 2009 with the Titans. It makes sense for Haslam to at least raise with his football people the question of whether Young at least deserves a chance to compete with the top options currently under contract in Cleveland.

Young spent 2011 with the Eagles, with his biggest contribution being the inadvertent coining of the term “dream team.” In Cleveland, the overriding objective is to end a nightmare that has lasted for nearly 20 years.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
As much as I hate "at the end of the day".

I want to finger-stab someone in the throat when I hear them say that.

Cotton

Staff member
Earl Thomas just re-signed with the Seahawks for 4 years/40 mill. 27.75 mill guaranteed. Wow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Earl Thomas just re-signed with the Seahawks for 4 years/40 mill. 27.75 mill guaranteed. Wow.
They are also going into negotiations with Richard Sherman now with the intent of making him the highest paid CB in the league.

Cotton

Staff member
Browns sign Vince Young.

Cotton

Staff member
Browns also signed Tyler Thigpen.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Trying to throw people off the trail for their wanting to draft a QB.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd give that money to Thomas without blinking.

Cotton

Staff member
ESPN - Redskins cut safety Tanard Jackson, who was reinstated by NFL on Monday after drug-related suspension

cmd34

Brand New Member
I'd have to work him out since he hasn't played in a few years but I would bring in Tanard Jackson. Garrett is too big of a sissy but I'd like to see if he still has it.

He is sitting on three strikes already so if he f's up again, the NFL will ban him. I'd bet junk $100 he's better than anything we have at Free Safety right now, rust and all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Watch them sign him and he turns out well for them. Meanwhile, we were too good for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well damn. That didn't last long.

Cut Alex Tanney too.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Alex Tanney.... I guess he will be back in a few days when Orton retires

Carp

DCC 4Life
I thought it was lame of Sherman to kind of bag on Peterson for using his deal as a reference. Thought it was kind of an unwritten rule for players to want their peers to get those dollars.

Top Bottom