Florio: ESPN confirms existence of Seattle locker-room divide, in unusual way

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He probably is.

But no question he's probably considered "black". Just like Kaepernick who looks like a mix as well.

Unless you are lily white, you are going to be considered black. It is part of the subculture, I guess.

But I feel pretty safe in saying that he's probably not going to mix with a black player from an inner city rough background.
My kids have experienced some of this type of racism. Other kids (and adults) reject others who don't go all dawg with them. The thing is, my kids absolutely love their Mexican heritage but they are on the outside looking in because they don't fit the mold or whatever. It is not killing them because I teach my kids not to have a victim mentality about this stuff or life in general.

So yeah, my kids have grown up white and have been tossed to the side by a certain group of beaners.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It is an interesting mix though in Seattle...they have harder guys like Lynch...Carroll seems to do well with guys like that...and then you have Wilson. I guess it could be compared to Aikman and some of the guys he played with in the glory days. Both Carroll and Jimmy like guys with some dawg in them.
Carroll and Jimmy are more of a players coach, IMO, so I think their style fits a wider range of personalities. Whereas stricter coaches like Belichick & Coughlin probably wouldn't do as well with a team full of strong personalities.

1bigfan13

Staff member
My kids have experienced some of this type of racism. Other kids (and adults) reject others who don't go all dawg with them. The thing is, my kids absolutely love their Mexican heritage but they are on the outside looking in because they don't fit the mold or whatever. It is not killing them because I teach my kids not to have a victim mentality about this stuff or life in general.

So yeah, my kids have grown up white and have been tossed to the side by a certain group of beaners.
Whenever I hear comments like those directed towards Wilson (not being black enough) it pisses me off.

It's a shame that we have idiots from our own race who perpetuate the retarded stereotype that being black means you have to speak ebonics, listen to gangster rap, sag, distrust the white man, etc.

All idiocy like that does is pass along built in excuses to the next generation.

data

Forbes #1
I take it all back. We are better with China taking over.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Whenever I hear comments like those directed towards Wilson (not being black enough) it pisses me off.

It's a shame that we have idiots from our own race who perpetuate the retarded stereotype that being black means you have to speak ebonics, listen to gangster rap, sag, distrust the white man, etc.

All idiocy like that does is pass along built in excuses to the next generation.
Spoken like a real white person.

~tear slides down cheek~

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

That's exactly what Stephen A. Smith said the other day.

I don't care for the guy, but I have always respected him when it comes to his stance on being a black man in a professional environment, and what he feels his responsibility is in that regard.

Big props to him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He probably is.

But no question he's probably considered "black". Just like Kaepernick who looks like a mix as well.

Unless you are lily white, you are going to be considered black. It is part of the subculture, I guess.

But I feel pretty safe in saying that he's probably not going to mix with a black player from an inner city rough background.
Obama.

Cotton

Staff member

Good on you for teaching them what real victimization is versus people just being ignorant and stupid. It's rare in today's world.

Cotton

Staff member

I really love you right now.

Cotton

Staff member
ESPN - NFL: Seahawks tiring of RB Marshawn Lynch's antics; not expected to return to team next season - source

Wow.

1bigfan13

Staff member
ESPN - NFL: Seahawks tiring of RB Marshawn Lynch's antics; not expected to return to team next season - source

Wow.
He was one of Harvin's close associates in the Seattle locker room.

Cotton

Staff member
He was one of Harvin's close associates in the Seattle locker room.
Hard to see that team succeed this year with so much internal strife.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hard to see that team succeed this year with so much internal strife.
Trade deadline is Tuesday. If they are serious about casting off Lynch I wonder if they'd consider trading him.

I think they'd be better served to keep him because I don't see his value being high. He's a RB plus he's getting up there in years. Someone may give you a couple of mid round picks and decent role player him, but I think keeping him is in the Seahawks' best interest since they're still in win now mode.

Plus unlike Harvin, Lynch has actually been productive. So there's that.

Cotton

Staff member
Trade deadline is Tuesday. If they are serious about casting off Lynch I wonder if they'd consider trading him.

I think they'd be better served to keep him because I don't see his value being high. He's a RB plus he's getting up there in years. Someone may give you a couple of mid round picks and decent role player him, but I think keeping him is in the Seahawks' best interest since they're still in win now mode.

Can you imagine a 1-2 punch with him and Murray? :drool

Carp

DCC 4Life

I don't think they will trade him in the NFC, but I could see Denver making a run at him...same with NE. Both have had RB injuries and have structure in place to handle a guy like him.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Question - does Lynch and Harvin come off as thuggish? I don't know, just asking. So the thuggish black players are divided against the black dude that seems well put together? That seems like what is happening.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think they will trade him in the NFC, but I could see Denver making a run at him...same with NE. Both have had RB injuries and have structure in place to handle a guy like him.
This may explain why Buffalo tired of him.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Question - does Lynch and Harvin come off as thuggish? I don't know, just asking. So the thuggish black players are divided against the black dude that seems well put together? That seems like what is happening.
Braids=thuggery...so I am keeping an eye on Harris.

Top Bottom