Fisher: Taco Charlton To Be Inactive Vs. Giants

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hill is a 3 technique!!!! but yeah Hill only made the roster because of his draft status. Hopefully next year he is better with a year in the weight room.
True. If it was a true meritocracy, Wise makes the roster and Hill gets cut.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He backs up Collins, who had an alleged all-world training camp, but didnt register a single tackle yesterday.
I think Collins was my biggest disappointment Sunday. I thought he was going to bust out.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Apparently Garrett was interviewed and when asked about Charlton, he basically said Taco's time is just about over here. I didn't hear the interview just saw the recap.

Garrett usually doesn't give much info out on stuff like this so I am not 100% sure how accurate, however if it is then obviously it looks like he is gone.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Apparently Garrett was interviewed and when asked about Charlton, he basically said Taco's time is just about over here. I didn't hear the interview just saw the recap.

Garrett usually doesn't give much info out on stuff like this so I am not 100% sure how accurate, however if it is then obviously it looks like he is gone.
That doesn't sound like something he would say but the fact that he was inactive screams it anyways.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
but yeah Hill only made the roster because of his draft status. .
It's really rare for a team to cut a 2nd rd pick as a rookie. In fact I cant recall any in recent history ever being cut, and I am reasonably sure Trysten Hill isn't the first one to really struggle in camp. Hell there's teams that have 1st rd picks that end up struggling and don't make the 46 on game days.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's really rare for a team to cut a 2nd rd pick as a rookie. In fact I cant recall any in recent history ever being cut, and I am reasonably sure Trysten Hill isn't the first one to really struggle in camp. Hell there's teams that have 1st rd picks that end up struggling and don't make the 46 on game days.
I’m not advocating that we cut Hill. You have to see that investment through.

But we have to be honest. He hasn’t shown anything. There are big time red flags.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

But we have to be honest. He hasn’t shown anything. There are big time red flags.
Yep at this point you drafted him on potential and have to guve that time to develop. But it's concerning that he looks less ready to play than an undrafted DT.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
They need to kick Marinelli out of the war room.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Was it part of one of the pressers after the game?

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

Oh I agree, he was incredibly disappointing in camp and preseason. But he was a high pick and you cant give up on those guys this soon. They need time to develop. He looks like he needs a year or so in a real strength program and more technique work.

Top Bottom