Fisher - Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd trade up for Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel, we won't though.

Most likely scenario is we suck balls next year and end up taking a QB in the top 10.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'd trade up for Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel, we won't though.

Most likely scenario is we suck balls next year and end up taking a QB in the top 10.
I don't think any of these QB's in the 1st are worth trading up for especially on a team like the cowboys, there are just to many holes to fill, and you know Romo is not going anywhere anytime soon.

I would rather take somebody like McCarren or the UCLA guy in the 2nd or 3rd.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think any of these QB's in the 1st are worth trading up for especially on a team like the cowboys, there are just to many holes to fill, and you know Romo is not going anywhere anytime soon.

I would rather take somebody like McCarren or the UCLA guy in the 2nd or 3rd.
From what I read Hundley isn't declaring, we'll see though. I wouldn't trade up into the top 10, just a few picks if a guy was sitting there around 12 or 13.

Jiggyfly

Banned
From what I read Hundley isn't declaring, we'll see though. I wouldn't trade up into the top 10, just a few picks if a guy was sitting there around 12 or 13.
I am not sold on any of these guys enough to lose a draft pick especially when he will not see the field for 2 or 3 years.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Listening to Manziels interview right after the game was a thing of beauty. Instead of that we get things like if that was the worst thing that ever happened to me, have to get better, and processes.

p1_

DCC 4Life
At least we are forced to move on from Romo now. It could get real fugly, but at least it has to happen now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm all for Mettenberger. He is tall, has a strong arm and he played in am NFL style offense at LSU where he really took off and put up great numbers. I think you will see his stock rise and he is definitely a guy I would keep an eye on in the second round. Of course Dallas will never do it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I trust Jerry with the x-rays.

If he thinks we need to hold off the QB search until 2019, then I'm totally fine with that.

I heard the other day there's supposed to be this TE picked in the 1st. All in on that one.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Listening to Manziels interview right after the game was a thing of beauty. Instead of that we get things like if that was the worst thing that ever happened to me, have to get better, and processes.
Don't worry, it will be beaten out of him soon enough and he'll be another Stepford Cowboy.

"Process. Stacking. Getting better. Every day"

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I read that Manizel already loves Garrett more than his own father.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I am not sold on any of these guys enough to lose a draft pick especially when he will not see the field for 2 or 3 years.
I agree. Just like what should have been the case with Claiborne, if we are trading up and in the process losing a draft pick the player better be a huge impact player. Otherwise we are better off not losing picks.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm all for Mettenberger. He is tall, has a strong arm and he played in am NFL style offense at LSU where he really took off and put up great numbers. I think you will see his stock rise and he is definitely a guy I would keep an eye on in the second round. Of course Dallas will never do it.
Something like that would probably be ideal for us. We get a legit QB prospect, we dont have to trade up for him, hhe's a 2nd rounder so it won't kilk us to sit him for a couple years, and a lot of the time we blow our second rounder anyway.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
With Romo's injury problems? I don't think that's a very safe bet. He guts the injury out most times but at 33 his body is only going to get worse.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
There is no way JJ drafts a QB in round 1 this year…not after investing a huge contract in Tony. He's gonna ride that horse till it dies. We're going DL in round 1 for sure.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There is no way JJ drafts a QB in round 1 this year…not after investing a huge contract in Tony. He's gonna ride that horse till it dies. We're going DL in round 1 for sure.
I think everybody knows that. I think everybody is just stating what they would do and its most likely the correct path. The thing that we have going against us is the fact that Jerry likes drafting offensive linemen better than qbs and until recently he hated drafting linemen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think everybody knows that. I think everybody is just stating what they would do and its most likely the correct path. The thing that we have going against us is the fact that Jerry likes drafting offensive linemen better than qbs and until recently he hated drafting linemen.
I think we all know the only QB Jerry would even think about drafting is Manziel and that is because he is such a big time college star that Jerry could see big time dollar signs and fall in love. That is literally the only QB in the first round I could imagine Jerry considering.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Roll the dice on Aaron Murray and be done with it. Mid-round pick. He can be 3rd QB in 2014, backup in 2015 when Ortons deal is up.

Top Bottom