Feds to Bring in Riot Squad Against Illegal Immigration Protesters...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I see so in your mind a person making 30k is poor.

That tells me a lot about how you view the world and tells me you are out of touch.
A household in today's economy making less than 30k a year is in the poverty level, so yeah, I would consider them poor.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I see so in your mind a person making 30k is poor.

That tells me a lot about how you view the world and tells me you are out of touch.
It isn't me that has established the poverty levels. Those who have set the levels also make them eligible for the programs. You are barking up the wrong tree if you think you know how I view the world.

Cotton

Staff member
It isn't me that has established the poverty levels. Those who have set the levels also make them eligible for the programs. You are barking up the wrong tree if you think you know how I view the world.
This is the closest thing to an LT slam as you will ever see.... so... BOOM!

2233boys

Not So New Member
That was 14-20 years ago. The same income category doesn't apply today.
Well let's break it down then that 6 year span I started out at 16,000 ended the span at 30,000. Had kids during that time.

Jiggyfly

Banned
A household in today's economy making less than 30k a year is in the poverty level, so yeah, I would consider them poor.
We are not talking about households, but individuals nobody ever said anything about households.

Cotton

Staff member
Well let's break it down then that 6 year span I started out at 16,000 ended the span at 30,000. Had kids during that time.
Okay, let's make it even more simple. 30k 14 years ago isn't even close to 30k today.

Cotton

Staff member
We are not talking about households, but individuals nobody ever said anything about households.
Well, if they are getting welfare, there is a damn good chance that they have birthed children. So, household income would be a better group to talk about. Not that many single people making 30k that live alone on welfare. So, in that stance you have a point. It's just not a very valid one since I would guess that's a tiny percentage of our voting populace.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Who said 30k was poverty level and what exactly do you think you get subsidies wise making 30k a year?

Anybody can tell very easily how you view the world by your post history or are you not posting how you really feel about things?

And its not slamming your view of the world just explaining a lot.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Okay, let's make it even more simple. 30k 14 years ago isn't even close to 30k today.
Didn't say it was just posting information. Most of that time it was under 20,000 with kids. Still according to your link not below poverty line but still didn't take any handouts and life wasn't easy.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well, if they are getting welfare, there is a damn good chance that they have birthed children. So, household income would be a better group to talk about. Not that many single people making 30k that live alone on welfare. So, in that stance you have a point. It's just not a very valid one since I would guess that's a tiny percentage of our voting populace.
Its totally valid because that's the criteria that was initially proposed.

Did you even read the initial post that started all of this?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Even with this you have to have 6 people in the house to be under the poverty level at 31K.:picard
Is that actual income or imaginary income. I supposedly make like 35k, but after the government is done with it I'm below 25k.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Who said 30k was poverty level and what exactly do you think you get subsidies wise making 30k a year?

Anybody can tell very easily how you view the world by your post history or are you not posting how you really feel about things?

And its not slamming your view of the world just explaining a lot.
You seem to infer that I don't know much about life or what it like to be poor.
I will be concise but I came from very humble beginnings. I have lived and mingled with people of all sorts of backgrounds from early life on. My parents were not financially able t formally educate me so I took care of that myself while working full time and raising a family. All my accomplishments in my working career have come from my own efforts and what I have I earned on my own. From grade school through my working career until now I have interaction with people every day. Obviously I haven't walked in everyone's shoes but I have been around the block a time or two in mine. I am not a sheltered individual nor am I niave about most things. The generation I was raised with is different from yours in our value systems but not less informed.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
You seem to infer that I don't know much about life or what it like to be poor.
I will be concise but I came from very humble beginnings. I have lived and mingled with people of all sorts of backgrounds from early life on. My parents were not financially able t formally educate me so I took care of that myself while working full time and raising a family. All my accomplishments in my working career have come from my own efforts and what I have I earned on my own. From grade school through my working career until now I have interaction with people every day. Obviously I haven't walked in everyone's shoes but I have been around the block a time or two in mine. I am not a sheltered individual nor am I niave about most things. The generation I was raised with is different from yours in our value systems but not less informed.
I am not inferring anything, I don't infer if I have something to say I say it, you seem to be defensive.

I asked you a specific question to make sure I understand your thought process and that process seems to think that a person making 30k a year should be considered a taker, I don't know if that makes you shielded or naive, but I do know its not based in reality.

You seem to have a specific prism in the way you see the world and it consist of a lot generalities.

You also have no idea what values I was raised with or what my values are.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am not inferring anything, I don't infer if I have something to say I say it, you seem to be defensive.

I asked you a specific question to make sure I understand your thought process and that process seems to think that a person making 30k a year should be considered a taker, I don't know if that makes you shielded or naive, but I do know its not based in reality.

You seem to have a specific prism in the way you see the world and it consist of a lot generalities.

And you seem to have difficulty understanding my responses. Your specific question has been answered by me. I told you that I believe a lot of individuals making 30k or less are likely takers but I have no numbers on the percentages the reasonable is because the incomes below 30k is the area where most of the programs fit. As to your values I made no reference to you I addressed your and my generation. You cannot dispute that these generations have different values so don't take that as anything specific to you.

The way I see things obviously comes from personal experiences as do yours whether you think so or not.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

You're both using infer when you mean imply.

Top Bottom