Ezekiel Elliott Signs With Patriots

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't have an issue with Murray. Never have. Have an issue with using one record and declaring without a doubt he was better just because of that one record while denying the same qualification vs Emmitt.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I start thinking about Running backs and Zeke doesn’t touch the top 5.

Emmit, Dorsett, Herschel, Calvin Hill and Moose. Then Zeke clumped with Murray, Barber, and Pearson. I never saw Pearson andHill play of course and Moose was used as a true fullback but impact wise I would still put him above Zeke.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I start thinking about Running backs and Zeke doesn’t touch the top 5.

Emmit, Dorsett, Herschel, Calvin Hill and Moose. Then Zeke clumped with Murray, Barber, and Pearson. I never saw Pearson andHill play of course and Moose was used as a true fullback but impact wise I would still put him above Zeke.

All due respect, that's insane. I love Moose but Zeke was way better. Way better. Pearson (I'm assuming you mean Preston) shouldn't even be in the conversation, nor should Barber.

I'd put Zeke above Hill (who admittedly I also never saw other than highlights) and Herschel as well.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I know everyone gives LT shit for his high opinion of Murray, but I think Murray was really really good but you can't rate or rank a guy on potential.....you have to put them on what they actually achieved and accomplished.

And there's no doubt that what Zeke did his first 4 years in the league blows Murray's first 4 years away.

However, I do think Murray could've equaled that output, maybe even surpassed it, had he been used the same way Zeke was.

Zeke was fortunate that he came to the Cowboys AFTER Garrett (begrudgingly) began to make more of an effort to incorporate the running game.

Murray played the majority of his Cowboys career for Garrett when the dumbass was a pass-happy moron. Murray had plenty of games when he was killing it on the ground only to finish the game with less than 20 carries or watch his second half carries dwindle for no reason other than Garrett idiotically choosing to keep throwing the ball regardless of the circumstances or situations we were in.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I have no ill feelings toward Zeke whatsoever.

He was great for us for 4 years and we don't make the playoffs in 2016 or 2018 without him.

The guy always gave 100% and was a total professional.

Some guys just wear down faster than others and that's what happened to him. We held onto him a little longer than we should have but not by much, so it's all good.

I wish the guy nothing but the best as he has done nothing to make a Cowboys fan dislike him or wish anything negative on him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Does he have a flak jacket around his waist? :unsure
I don't know, but it's clear he's wearing all types of shit and I don't know why.

Even if it's clothing, wouldn't all of that make you just a little less agile? A little less quick?

I would think you'd want to be light and airy in training camp, but what do I know?

ZeroClub

UFA
All due respect, that's insane. I love Moose but Zeke was way better. Way better. Pearson (I'm assuming you mean Preston) shouldn't even be in the conversation, nor should Barber.

I'd put Zeke above Hill (who admittedly I also never saw other than highlights) and Herschel as well.
I enjoyed watching Calvin Hill more, but I'd put Zeke above Hill. I'd put Walker above Zeke.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I appreciate how labored he looks even just jumping down those stairs. I'm convinced more than ever that the dude just doesn't have the physical ability and endurance to last anymore. I mean seriously, watch the guy before him hop down and then watch Zeke's labored step down.

Top Bottom