Expert Witness: Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman when teen was shot

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This trial gets sped through when its been years for Hasan and he sits in jail while getting paid.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Local news just had a Black Panther rep on.

"Anything less than a Murder 2 verdict further devalues the lives of black people in this country."

:picard
Good lord. Vic-tim-iz-a-tion.

Having this tool on TV is the equivalent of having a hillybilly on TV. Both are fucking retards.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think he should be convicted because he shot and killed a kid. He used deadly force when it wasn't needed. I think he was afraid of the butt whooping he was getting but I feel he needed to be reasonably afraid for his life to use deadly force. From the reports of the injuries and pictures, I think he over reacted.
If you are on your back on a hard surface being punched in the head you are in immediate danger of being killed. That's not a butt whooping, it's potentially lethal battery.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
If you are on your back on a hard surface being punched in the head you are in immediate danger of being killed. That's not a butt whooping, it's potentially lethal battery.
It's not self defense if you bring a gun to a fist fight

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am hearing a lot of morality arguments on both sides. Put the blindfold on like lady justice does and assess the case within the legal guidelines. It may not fit your preferences but that is what a jurorist is supposed to do.
If people did that, we'd stop hearing "He ignored the police telling him not to intervene and now a kid is dead so he should go to jail."

One of the elements of manslaughter isn't "Didn't listen to dispatcher" so that's kinda out the window as a reason to convict him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't know...what kind of sentence would that carry?
Probably a fine for a first offense.

The problem is, any charge that sends him to jail, you have to fabricate things that happened in order to convict him of it.

Unless you believe he swung first and was on top, but that looks not very likely.

But the "he started the situation" thing isn't good enough to convict, that doesn't rise to manslaughter.

There is simply no way that not listening to the dispatcher = reckless conduct when he was being attacked. The instance of him being negligent or reckless by not listening to the dispatcher is severed once Martin intervenes and acts wrongfully. Any liability that Zimmerman has for not listening to the dispatcher should be analyzed on its own and not for the result of what happened once Martin confronted him.

Zimmerman following Martin.... that could be a crime (though a minor one).

Then Martin commits an act against Zimmerman. Bam, everything else that happened previously is irrelevant to the next question.

NOW is where we ask, did Zimmerman act recklessly? Again, we are asking only in relation to how Zimmerman acted once Martin attacked him.

No one can point to any reckless behavior from that time.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Verdict is in. Not sure how long it will take for them to get everything together and announce.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I hate these breaking news stories because they interrupt my 'Lockup' marathons

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Looting!!!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am amazed though...completely innocent? Very shocking.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Puerto Ricans are celebrating like its their own personal Cinco de Mayo.
The mix I have at work is 50/50 black versus Hispanic. Monday should be pretty fun.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I didn't hear the verdict but if he is innocent then the legal system actually did its job nothwithstanding any personal sentiment.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
~locking door~
You laugh, but I have a neighbor that is black (he can't stand me) and he has kids old enough to do something stupid, so I brought my .40 cal into the living room and shut the garage door.

SfielDallas

Brand New Member
Too bad we lost that massive thread.

Glad to see our legal system got it right this time. I have not read the comments on here but did read lots of the court transcript. Anyone with any

Top Bottom