Expert Witness: Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman when teen was shot

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Not sure. Where are the white activists like there are black activists? I don't always agree with black activists take on things, but I will give them credit that they bring issues to light. Meanwhile all us whiteys can do is sit around and bitch about how crimes against white people are not publicized. Boo hoo...feel sorry for me because I am white.
I think it would be impossible to be a white activist on racial issues. You'd come off like the KKK. No matter how non-violent your message was you'd always be referred to in the media as an "hate group".

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Does every town have a Quanell X, or is his schtick a Houston phenomenon? Is there a little Sharpton wannabe running around Pittsburgh?

"Community activist" has to be a sweet gig, though. For the price of a few gawdy suits with big shoulder pads from that 3-for-1 men's store at the mall, I could be all over the news.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think it would be impossible to be a white activist on racial issues. You'd come off like the KKK. No matter how non-violent your message was you'd always be referred to in the media as an "hate group".
Most refer to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton as racists, but it does not seem to bother them.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Most refer to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton as racists, but it does not seem to bother them.
Something I've noticed about them, they don't really have anybody to take over for them when they die. They've been able to survive ridicule and scandal over and over because they have that one ace in the hole of having been around during the civil rights movement. I think their era of activism probably ends when their health no longer allows them to do what they do.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Does every town have a Quanell X, or is his schtick a Houston phenomenon?
Louisville, Ky has a Christopher 2X as community organizer in chief. He shills for the normal liberal stuff but he does refrain from blaming whitey for everything and provides much needed legal services for poor people.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Those two have very little in the way of shame or they wouldn't do what they do -- namely get rich off race mongering no matter who gets hurt along the way.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Those two have very little in the way of shame or they wouldn't do what they do -- namely get rich off race mongering no matter who gets hurt along the way.
Regardless of their intentions, they do bring a spotlight to topics that are important to the black community. So when Bipo posts something and whines that it does not get news, I think that is weak.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not sure. Where are the white activists like there are black activists? I don't always agree with black activists take on things, but I will give them credit that they bring issues to light. Meanwhile all us whiteys can do is sit around and bitch about how crimes against white people are not publicized. Boo hoo...feel sorry for me because I am white.
If you try to bring the issue to light that black people kill white people you get called a racist.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Regardless of their intentions, they do bring a spotlight to topics that are important to the black community. So when Bipo posts something and whines that it does not get news, I think that is weak.
Who knew.... Carphalen, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson fan.

They bring a spotlight to an important topic like Dzokhar Tsarnaev did, by preying on others, just not with violent crime. Props!

Carp

DCC 4Life
If you try to bring the issue to light that black people kill white people you get called a racist.
Does not change it from being the right stance though. We are so worried about our percieved views that we are paralyzed to do anything.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Who knew.... Carphalen, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson fan.

They bring a spotlight to an important topic like Dzokhar Tsarnaev did, by preying on others, just not with violent crime. Props!
That's not what I said at all. Comparing Sharpton and Jackson to the Boston Bomber is just flatout stupid. If you are somehow implying that I support that you are a moron.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That's not what I said at all. Comparing Sharpton and Jackson to the Boston Bomber is just flatout stupid. If you are somehow implying that I support that you are a moron.
I'm just saying, those two do more harm than good. I can't give them "credit" for calling attention to issues that are important to the black community when they are deceiving the black community and causing a lot of harm for society in general with their race baiting.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Nice.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm just saying, those two do more harm than good. I can't give them "credit" for calling attention to issues that are important to the black community when they are deceiving the black community and causing a lot of harm for society in general with their race baiting.
And whats your take on Fox news and there race baiting?

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

townsend

Banned
And whats your take on Fox news and there race baiting?
All news channels played that same game. NBC altered Zimmerman's phone call to make it sound like he was suspicious of TM 'cause he was black. When the story broke even Fox played it as a shooting of an innocent child by an ignorant white man. Because that made people angry, and angry people don't change the channel.

Still even a bigot like Glenn Beck isn't allowed to be so overtly racist as Sharpton or Jackson.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman case

Bill Cosby weighed in on George Zimmerman's acquittal on Thursday, telling a Virginia radio show that the prosecution did not do a good job presenting its case for second-degree murder in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

"The prosecution did not tell the story well and they lost," Cosby said in an interview with the DomNnate Radio Show. "If you're a lawyer and I'm a lawyer and I'm going up against you and we both have to talk to a jury, we present our story and I think if I don't present the story well enough, that you will win."

The 76-year-old comedian was then asked if he thought if racial profiling was used in Zimmerman's pursuit of Martin.

"Let me just tell you this man," Cosby said. "See this racial stuff goes into a whole bunch of discussion which has stuff that you can't prove. You can't prove that somebody is a racist unless they come out and do the act that is found to be that."

He continued:

But I do know this. I do know this. I heard the person say, "Don't go there." You understand? Okay. "Don't do that." I know that if you have a gun, it changes your whole feeling about what you can tell people, about how people better do what you say. Your mind can turn in such a way that you have a sense of control and power. I see a thing and the so-forth and so-on doesn't look right and say 'Okay, just stay where you are and don't ...' But I got a gun. Let's not go into a racial discussion unless we really have something there. But we do know they got a gun. And we do know that the Florida state law says you have a right to defend yourself. That means both people. So you have a gun. You come up to me. I don't have a gun. But then, you show me your gun. And I become frightened. And according to the state of Florida I have a right to defend myself. According to the state of Florida the person with the gun has a right to defend him or herself. I mean, this is getting out of line.

Earlier in the interview, Cosby said he was reluctant to form an opinion based on the media's coverage of the racially-charged case.

"I would never pay attention to information given to me by media, radio, whatever, about a high profile case until the jury says what it says," he said.

Zimmerman was found not guilty of all charges in Martin's killing last week, drawing the ire of civil rights activists who believe the former neighborhood should be charged with a federal hate crime in the unarmed black teen's slaying.

...............................................................................................

I like Cosby, and I like how he was smart enough not to jump into the race thing.

But I think, like many people, he's still a little unclear on how Florida law works. He has touched on what a lot of people seem to be claiming is a contradiction in self-defense law: "The guy with the gun can defend himself, but can't the guy getting followed by the guy with the gun defend himself?"

Yes... of course. If the guy with the gun is acting like an aggressor. In fact, in that case, the guy getting followed has the right to defend himself and the guy with the gun has NO such right. Zimmerman would be guilty of murder in that case.

So I don't see how that's a problem with the law. It's very logically spelled out.

The problem here is that people assume Zimmerman was the aggressor because he followed Martin with a gun. Therefore, shouldn't Martin have the right to defend himself?

No, not unless there is evidence that Zimmerman did something besides follow. Other than following someone, which under the law does not make you an aggressor, there's no evidence that Zimmerman did anything. Maybe these people are saying following someone while you have a gun on your person should make you an aggressor, but I don't know if I agree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom