Expert Witness: Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman when teen was shot

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If anyone had any doubts before Obama erased them today. He's just another Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson. And funny how I've yet to hear him talk about the white baby that was shot in the face by two black guys. That could've been his mom 70 years ago.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
MILLER: Eric Holder steals George Zimmerman’s gun

Attorney General Eric Holder has confiscated George Zimmerman’s gun. Even though Mr. Zimmerman was acquitted by a jury in the death of Trayvon Martin, the Justice Department on Thursday ordered the Sanford police to put a hold on the evidence from the trial, which includes the Kel Tek 9mm handgun.*

It is not clear what federal law or legal procedure allows Mr. Holder to stop a police chief in Florida from returning a firearm to an innocent man.
PHOTOS: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev manhunt photos: The amazing police pictures

The federal government has the power to infringe on Second Amendment rights only when a person falls into the categories of prohibited people, which includes felons, dangerously mentally ill and domestic abusers.*

There is no reasonable cause for the Justice Department to hold the evidence, since it has already been examined, given a DNA test and used in trial. What more can the federal government find out from holding Mr. Zimmerman’s gun?*

And the investigation that Mr. Holder is pursuing — whether this was a racially-based civil rights case — has nothing to do with the weapon used.

The attorney general’s insistence on finding some link to race is also unrelated to facts. The FBI, prosecutor, police and jury have all said that race played no role in the events of the night that Mr. Martin was killed.*

Mr. Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, told ABC News that his client wears a protective vest in public and needs a gun to defend himself in aftermath of the controversial trial.
Asked about Mr. Zimmerman getting a weapon, the lawyer said, that there is “more reason now, isn’t there? There are a lot of people out there who actually hate him, though they shouldn’t.”
SEE ALSO: Zimmerman’s handgun held by police on Justice Department orders.

There is nothing stopping Mr. Zimmerman from passing a FBI background check to buy a new firearm — and perhaps he has done so already.
But Mr. Holder’s stunt is a violation of Mr. Zimmerman’s Fourth Amendment right to be free of unreasonable seizures as well as his Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
In his transparent effort to fan the flames of racial divide, Mr. Holder is stomping all over the Constitution.

The chief law enforcement officer in the nation should stop pursuing the Obama administration’s political agenda at the expense of an innocent man who was forced to take a life in self defense.

Mr. Holder, return Mr. Zimmerman’s gun to him immediately.

Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/18/eric-holder-steals-zimmermans-gun/#.UetcGjLCahA.facebook#ixzz2ZeN7yYua*
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
His "experiences as a black man" make it like he could have been Trayvon 35 years ago.

Yeah, that's gonna really bring everyone together, dumbass.

If he said this, in as simple terms, it would make a lot of people think. And make him a hell of lot smarter.

Morgan Freeman for President.

It worked for us in Deep Impact.
Love watching the white liberal fidget.

"But... wha.... you don't want us to single you out for special attention like you're the retarded kid who everyone needs to clap for to help your self-esteem??? But that's been the plan since Lyndon Johnson!"

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
I actually thought Obama was doing well for once in his comments. The first two thirds of what he said were even handed and touched all sides of what's going on. And then he fell into the I am Trayvon horseshit. Which was ridiculous. He and Michelle both try and make us believe they had these mean streets backgrounds and that's simply not the case. But he's such a narcissist he absolutely cannot speak about anything without making it all me, me, me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess my question is at this juncture why are political leaders and law enforcement people still talking about prosecution remedies except for their own racial agenda?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
MILLER: Eric Holder steals George Zimmerman’s gun

Attorney General Eric Holder has confiscated George Zimmerman’s gun. Even though Mr. Zimmerman was acquitted by a jury in the death of Trayvon Martin, the Justice Department on Thursday ordered the Sanford police to put a hold on the evidence from the trial, which includes the Kel Tek 9mm handgun.*

It is not clear what federal law or legal procedure allows Mr. Holder to stop a police chief in Florida from returning a firearm to an innocent man.
PHOTOS: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev manhunt photos: The amazing police pictures

The federal government has the power to infringe on Second Amendment rights only when a person falls into the categories of prohibited people, which includes felons, dangerously mentally ill and domestic abusers.*

There is no reasonable cause for the Justice Department to hold the evidence, since it has already been examined, given a DNA test and used in trial. What more can the federal government find out from holding Mr. Zimmerman’s gun?*

And the investigation that Mr. Holder is pursuing — whether this was a racially-based civil rights case — has nothing to do with the weapon used.

The attorney general’s insistence on finding some link to race is also unrelated to facts. The FBI, prosecutor, police and jury have all said that race played no role in the events of the night that Mr. Martin was killed.*

Mr. Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, told ABC News that his client wears a protective vest in public and needs a gun to defend himself in aftermath of the controversial trial.
Asked about Mr. Zimmerman getting a weapon, the lawyer said, that there is “more reason now, isn’t there? There are a lot of people out there who actually hate him, though they shouldn’t.”
SEE ALSO: Zimmerman’s handgun held by police on Justice Department orders.

There is nothing stopping Mr. Zimmerman from passing a FBI background check to buy a new firearm — and perhaps he has done so already.
But Mr. Holder’s stunt is a violation of Mr. Zimmerman’s Fourth Amendment right to be free of unreasonable seizures as well as his Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
In his transparent effort to fan the flames of racial divide, Mr. Holder is stomping all over the Constitution.

The chief law enforcement officer in the nation should stop pursuing the Obama administration’s political agenda at the expense of an innocent man who was forced to take a life in self defense.

Mr. Holder, return Mr. Zimmerman’s gun to him immediately.

Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/18/eric-holder-steals-zimmermans-gun/#.UetcGjLCahA.facebook#ixzz2ZeN7yYua*
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
I hope he buys a better gun now.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Holder sent thousands of guns to Mexico in 'fast and furious.' But now he doesn't want one Mexican to legally get his gun back? What an ass.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Everyone with half a brain knows the only reason this went to trial was to quell those who thought it was "a black thing". In the overly long thread that ran before the last version broke Jiggy constantly asked me about whether or not I thought it should go to trial or if Z should have been arrested. My caution was always we don't know all the facts and can't rush to a judgement on the matter. Jiggs was upset that no arrest had been made and the PD there was irresponsible just like many in the media and community thought just like the President did I'm sure. Now we all know that the PD there was right in not having made an arrest and that the dog and pony show trial was forced upon us by pressure from those that want to look as if they were doing something. In this time of fiscal issues people should be more pissed at the state prosecutor's waste of money that trial and all the expenditures that went with it cost. And now our president shows himself again to be just who most of us think he is. A "black man" in the White house that claims to be non racial but is the most divisive and political president we've ever had. He is not a person dedicated to try and diminish racial tension in this country, he stirs it up whenever it suits him. He isn't for law enforcement because he questions it every time it involves a minority issue that becomes public. He comments on things like the Trayvon case when he shouldn't just like the black professor thing a few years back. He fear mongers and hate mongers to a degree whenever it suits him and will never be about making this country better, just bending it to his ideological goals.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue

By MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC) and ALEXIS SHAW (@ashaw109)
July 22, 2013

George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue someone who was trapped in an overturned truck, police said today.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" at the intersection of a Florida highway last week.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route 417, police said. The crash site is less than a mile from where he shot Martin.

It's the first known sighting of Zimmerman since he left the courtroom following his acquittal last week on murder charges for the death of Martin. Zimmerman, 29, shot and killed Martin, 17, in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012. The jury determined that Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I BET THE GUY HE SAVED WAS WHITE! RACIST PIECE OF SHAT!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
A Message to Trayvon Martin Sympathizers
Romany Malco
Actor

Posted: 07/17/2013 2:37 pm

I haven't touched on the Trayvon Martin issue because race matters in this country are the paralysis of the American people. To constructively discuss Trayvon would require empathy, introspection and an understanding of America's social and economic history. This is why the open forums we have seen thus far seem to fuel more ignorance and bias than reasonable debate.

To be brutally honest, the only reason people are even aware of Trayvon Martin is because it became a topic within mainstream news and pop culture. Meaning: News directors saw it as a profitable, sensational story. Hundreds of blacks die annually in South Side Chicago without even a blurb. Trayvon isn't in the mainstream news for any reason other than ratings and profit. The news coverage on the Zimmerman case almost implies that the killing of this young black man is somehow an anomaly and I resent that.

In this country, if it isn't streamlined through mainstream media and pop culture, it doesn't seem to warrant national debate. Our "government" continues to wreak havoc on our civil liberties and there is little to no protest from the black community because of media diversion tactics that keep such pertinent issues out of mainstream media. But if Jay-Z or Rihanna were to make mention of it, we'd suddenly be jolted out of our sugar comas and protesting on freeways.

My point being, people are up in arms about Trayvon based on regurgitated pundits and manipulated facts aired to elicit emotion while fueling America's anger and division. That's how you boost ratings. No different from Piers Morgan's desperate rant over gun control when he knew his ratings were in the dumps. And from where I stand, anyone who still relies on corporate-owned media pundits to support an argument isn't equipped to offer worthwhile solutions.

People are using Trayvon Martin's death as an excuse to project their own deep-seated issues with racism and will not be capable of intelligent, empathetic debate until they've cooled down and afforded themselves an education.

Addressing Trayvon without first addressing the absence of critical thinking in our schools, the lack of introspection, the reasons for our low tolerance and our country's skewed value system does nothing more than create a sounding board for the ignorant. So rather than facilitate more racism outcry, I'd like to address young black people specifically.

I believe we lost that trial for Trayvon long before he was killed. Trayvon was doomed the moment ignorance became synonymous with young black America . We lost that case by using media outlets (music, movies, social media, etc.) as vehicles to perpetuate the same negative images and social issues that destroyed the black community in the first place. When we went on record glorifying violent crime and when we voted for a president we never thought to hold accountable. When we signed on to do reality shows that fed into the media's stereotypes of black men, we ingrained an image of Trayvon Martin so overwhelming that who he actually may have been didn't matter anymore.

Don't you find it peculiar that the same media outlets who have worked so diligently to galvanize the negative stigmas of black men in America are now airing open debates on improving the image of black males in American media? Do you honestly think CNN is using their competitive time slots for philanthropy?

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste." - Rahm Emanuel

If we really wanted to ensure Trayvon Martin's killing was not in vain, we'd stop perpetuating negative images that are now synonymous with black men in America. We'd stop rapping about selling drugs and killing niggas. The next time we saw a man beating a woman, we'd call for help or break it up, but one thing we would not do is stand by with our cellphones out -- yelling WORLDSTAR! Instead of rewarding kids for memorization, we'd reward them for independent and critical thinking.

We'd spend less time subconsciously repeating lyrics about death and murder and more time understanding why we are so willing to twerk to songs that bemean women and boast of having things we cannot afford. We'd set examples of self-love for our youth by honoring our own hair, skin and eye color. We'd stop spending money on designer gear that we should be spending on our physical and psychological health. We'd seek information outside the corporate owned-media that manipulates us. We'd stop letting television babysit our kids and we'd quit regurgitating pundits we haven't come up with on our own.

Education, introspection, self-love and excellence are the only ways to overcome the wrath of ignorance. So before going back to popping molly and getting Turnt Up, I urge you to consider the implications of your actions. Your child's life may depend on it.

Follow Romany Malco on Twitter: www.twitter.com/romanymalco

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:meh

Oh yeah, well who the F is Romany Malco to tell everyone what to do?

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Obama Voted to Strengthen Illinois’s Stand Your Ground Law in 2004

By John Fund
July 22, 2013 8:56 AM

President Obama spent part of his surprise appearance at last Friday’s White House press briefing urging that the Stand Your Ground laws that exist in 31 states be reexamined. But only nine years ago, in the Illinois state senate, he co-sponsored a bill that strengthened his state’s 1961 Stand Your Ground law.

“It may be useful for us to examine some state and local laws to see if they are designed in such a way that they may encourage the kinds of altercations, confrontations, and tragedies as we saw in the Florida case, rather than diffuse potential altercations,” Obama said last Friday. “I know that there’s been commentary about the fact that Stand Your Ground laws in Florida were not used as a defense of the case. On the other hand, if we’re sending a message as a society in our communities that someone who is armed has a right to use those firearms even if there’s a way for them to exit from the situation, is that really going to be contributing to the kind of peace and security and order that we’d like to see?”

“And for those who resist that idea that we should think about these Stand Your Ground laws, I just have to ask these people to consider if Trayvon Martin was of age and armed, could he have stood his ground on that sidewalk, and do we actually think that he would have been justified in shooting Mr. Zimmerman who had followed him in a car because he felt threatened?” he asked.

He went on to say, “and if the answer to that question is at least ambiguous, then it seems to me that we might want to examine those kinds of laws.”

But the Illinois Review says Obama didn’t seem to have any of those concerns when in 2004 he co-sponsored S.B. 2386, which broadened the state’s Stand Your Ground law “by shielding the person who was attacked from being sued in civil court by perpetrators or their estates when a ’stand your ground’ defense is used in protecting his or her person, dwelling or other property.”

S.B. 2386 passed the Illinois state senate by a 56–0 vote on March 25, 2004. It sailed through the state house with only two “nay” votes. Both chambers were controlled by Democrats.

Stand Your Ground laws weren’t always much of a partisan issue. Florida’s law passed in 2005 after being approved unanimously in the state senate and on a 94–20 vote in the state house.

There was little outcry about the change from minority communities. Perhaps that’s because, as The Daily Caller discovered, “African Americans benefit from Florida’s ‘Stand Your Ground” self-defense law at a rate far out of proportion to their presence in the state’s population, despite an assertion by Attorney General Eric Holder that repealing ’stand your ground’ would help African Americans.”

A third of Florida’s Stand Your Ground claims in homicide cases are made by African-Americans, a rate nearly double the black percentage of the state’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that of Florida whites.

The Democratic Senate will be holding hearings on state Stand Your Ground laws in September. Here’s hoping some witnesses will be allowed to clear the air about the reality surrounding such laws.

Top Bottom