ESPN the Magazine feature: Jerry Football

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
This is a pretty spot on analysis of the situation.

Even though Stephen is a flat out football idiot as well I don't think he has the same chip on his shoulder that Jerry does, the same obsessive need for recognition as a "football guy" or the same megalomaniacal personality type. He may be a new money, alcoholic redneck like his father but I don't think he would delude himself for 20+ years just because he wants to be seen as a "football guy".

That's really all the hope I have with Stephen, he may continue in his father's role for 5 or so years after he dies but I think he will be pragmatic enough to change if/when it fails.
I agree. Stephen may be as bad about things as Jerry, but as long as he doesn't need the recognition as a "football" guy theres the chance he'd bring someone in to rebuild the roster.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I agree. Stephen may be as bad about things as Jerry, but as long as he doesn't need the recognition as a "football" guy theres the chance he'd bring someone in to rebuild the roster.
Another thing that gives me a little hope is that I don't think he's as hung up on "relevance" as Jerry is.

Plus as you mentioned the whole "football guy" thing. Jerry is fueled to prove everyone wrong and show that he can build a champion w/o Jimmy Johnson. As far as I know Stephen doesn't have bitterness towards anyone that fuels him to prove them wrong.

Small stuff I know, but at this point that's all we have to hang our hats on.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
if he names himself owner/GM after daddy croaks, I am done with this team. done.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
if he names himself owner/GM after daddy croaks, I am done with this team. done.
You know, I wouldn't put it past Jerry to put something in his will stipulating that Stephen maintain the GM title in order to take ownership of the team. Failure to do so results in ownership being passed on to Jerry Jones Jr.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You know, I wouldn't put it past Jerry to put something in his will stipulating that Stephen maintain the GM title in order to take ownership of the team. Failure to do so results in ownership being passed on to Jerry Jones Jr.
:lol

Seriously? Would Jerry Jones Jr. have to remain GM, too? How about if it goes all the way down the chain to Spaulding? He the de-facto GM, too?

Top Bottom