Election Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah the doubling down the the lap top is somehow Russian misinformation to influence the election was painful to watch. Joe can't even say that shit with confidencr because he knows it's not true.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I missed this last night. Must have been after I stopped watching. This is massive. The midwest and south will not like this comment from ole Joe. Nor will the great people of PA.

Cotton

Staff member

I missed this last night. Must have been after I stopped watching. This is massive. The midwest and south will not like this comment from ole Joe. Nor will the great people of PA.
Check out this horseshit. He said with his own mouth that he would get rid of the oil industry, and THIS is the fact check result? This is the #1 trending topic on Twitter right now. These people have lost what tiny bit of credibility they had left.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check out this horseshit. He said with his own mouth that he would get rid of the oil industry, and THIS is the fact check result? This is the #1 trending topic on Twitter right now. These people have lost what tiny bit of credibility they had left.

How the hell do you fact check that? The guy openly said he would. He has denied it since. So how can you call that false? It's like if Biden denies anything at the debate you can now make all pf thpse claims false? Fucking pathetic and a waste of time to read.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
How the hell do you fact check that? The guy openly said he would. He has denied it since. So how can you call that false? It's like if Biden denies anything at the debate you can now make all pf thpse claims false? Fucking pathetic and a waste of time to read.
It's unbelievable. They have gone from covering the truth to flat out boldfaced lying. How can everyone not see this?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Talk about shitty insurancr by the way. Has anyone gotten insurance on the government website? You literally pay for insurance and then the insurance covers nothing until you spend an additional 7,500 in deductible. It's sad. That's not insurance, that's a money grab for the majority of people.

I have it for my daughter. But I spend the deductible in full every year for her. Still annoys the shit out of me.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Talk about shitty insurancr by the way. Has anyone gotten insurance on the government website?
Yes, I had to a couple of years ago. Why? Because Obamacare ended my policy.

I've ranted about this before. Most people probably have no knowledge of it because they get insurance through their company like they always have. But I'm basically self-employed so I have no choice. It SUCKS. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is. You have very few choices whatsoever, and the docs you can choose from are basically the bottom of the barrel. And then you have to include extra forms for your taxes.

I remember telling my dad about this and he kept saying, "That can't be right. There has to be a way you can still buy private insurance." Nope, you can't. At all. At least not in Texas (and most other states).

I've told many people that even if I had no political feelings whatsoever, I would never vote Dem after this fiasco.

And yes, I was shocked Joe said that after Obama blatantly lied about it before.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, I had to a couple of years ago. Why? Because Obamacare ended my policy.

I've ranted about this before. Most people probably have no knowledge of it because they get insurance through their company like they always have. But I'm basically self-employed so I have no choice. It SUCKS. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is. You have very few choices whatsoever, and the docs you can choose from are basically the bottom of the barrel. And then you have to include extra forms for your taxes.

I remember telling my dad about this and he kept saying, "That can't be right. There has to be a way you can still buy private insurance." Nope, you can't. At all. At least not in Texas (and most other states).

I've told many people that even if I had no political feelings whatsoever, I would never vote Dem after this fiasco.

And yes, I was shocked Joe said that after Obama blatantly lied about it before.
Not only that but it's a shit show. They randomly canceled my daughters insurance. I've made every payment. I call Anthem and they tell me they have nothing to do with it being canceled that it's the exchange telling them that. I call the exchange and they tell me I have to call Anthem to fix it. Eventually found out that they wanted my childs social security card and birth certificate to verify she is a US Citizen. Even though she had been covered under the insurance for a year and half. Literally made me want to rip my hair out. Took like 3 days of calling and being told to talk to the other guy to get there. And oh by the way they wouldn't be able to correct it for a couple of weeks. I was so pissed.

Meanwhile I'm still paying premiums every month and thousands in deductibles before the insurance company shells out a dime. I'm in a similar boat to you. I've got my own business and happened to marry my legal assistant. So I'm not really eligible for anything else.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Obamacare is still alive, but the best thing the GOP did was get rid of the individual mandate

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not only that but it's a shit show.
Total shitshow. It's like most government programs, a giant morass of waste and inefficiency.

It basically was done so politicians could stand up and say look how great we are, we gave all these people health care.

But it's like bragging you're giving everyone in America a car. "Millions of people who didn't have a car now have one!"

Yeah, you gave all those people a car all right. A 1987 Yugo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only thing I like about Obama Care is the preexisting condition stuff.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The only thing I like about Obama Care is the preexisting condition stuff.
That's a big reason why health insurance costs have gone through the roof though. Insurance companies aren't going to cover those losses, they just pass them along to everyone else's premiums.

Cotton

Staff member
That's a big reason why health insurance costs have gone through the roof though. Insurance companies aren't going to cover those losses, they just pass them along to everyone else's premiums.
Anything that runs through the government is going to be bloated, inefficient and expensive. How about we give them less power, not more.

Top Bottom