Election Chatter Thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
LOL. Actually I really shouldn't be cute about this shit. There is a lot of absurdity but it's deadly serious. Unless the FBI and secret service do a fantastic job, there is going to be more violence.
They should have plenty of time having invested no effort into the Antifa riots.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
LOL. Actually I really shouldn't be cute about this shit. There is a lot of absurdity but it's deadly serious. Unless the FBI and secret service do a fantastic job, there is going to be more violence.
Just curious. But if they want to push this impeachment thru, what is the charge? Supposedly inciting riots? I don't know what else.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Just curious. But if they want to push this impeachment thru, what is the charge? Supposedly inciting riots? I don't know what else.
Incitement of insurrection.

I'm not sure I am in favor of them doing this, by the way. He likely won't be tried in the Senate until after the inauguration at which point Dems would be better served working on advancing their agenda rather than putting Trump back in the limelight with some pathetic defense from co-conspirator Gulliani. Yeah they can block him from ever running again but Trump accomplished that himself. Further I have little faith that there are 17 Republicans who would put the country and posterity before their career and their party.

That being said, it's not just to embarrass the President. It's to hold him responsible. The Dems rightfully hold him responsible for the attack which put their own lives in danger. I mean they despised him before he did this shit. It's not just Dems, by the way. There are a few Reps who have a sense of honor and they want him gone too. His former Chief of Staff Gen Kelley says he should be removed. Bill Barr has condemned him. Numerous members of his admin are leaving like rats leaving a sinking ship.

It will be a bipartisan effort to remove him. Whether impeachment is successful or not, they can force Reps to show whether they put their party before their country. That will be scarlet letter which I don't think people will forget. The country is ADD as hell but sacking the capital... Still I don't think that's enough upside but it wasn't my office that got peed in.

I know you guys think this was just a few honest conservatives getting carried away because gosh darn it the President just got them a little too excited on accident, oops. That's how Tucker and Hannity explain it away so that's the party line. But it's horseshit. People had pipe bombs, homemade napalm, plastic ties to bind wrists, they erected a noose with a wooden beam. They were chanting that they were going to hang Mike Pense. They didn't just vandalize, they smeared feces and urinated in our capital. Lives were lost, including a police officer.

As an American, I find this humiliating that this happened in our country. There is no excusing this. These are weak minded people who love a demagogue more than they love our country. It's that simple. They are deluded and they did it to themselves by talking to fellow morons on 4chan and Parler and whatever other dumb shit these people go to.

As for the President, he spoke to these people and called on them to march down Pennsylvania Avenue and "stay strong." Gulliani called for "trial by combat." All this shit sounds funny and cute but when you're speaking to a crowd, a fair number of whom are wingnuts, they hear what they want to hear.

According to Rep Senator Ben Sasse, Trump was gleeful as the crowd was storming the capital. He couldn't understand why his staffers were so distressed. When Rep leadership and his cabinet convinced him to ask the rioters to stop, he again told the rioters that he loved them and they were special. He then repeated the big lie that the election was stolen and the facts were on his side, despite losing in courts at every level across the country. If you want to continue to believe that shit >

Trump may well face criminal charges on leaving office for incitement. He will likely pardon himself but that's won't hold up. He had a much better chance of avoiding a lot of criminal exposure by resigning and having Pense pardon him but that ship has sailed. He torched his relationship with his chief fellator by throwing a mob at him and his family. No more fellating for you!

So yeah, for those of you who love Trump's platform I guess you can hang your hat on that. But history will not be kind to him. He will be best known for being twice impeached and inciting a mob to sack the capital. The judges won't matter in 50 years. The tax cuts won't be remembered. The wall will be forgotten. Maybe Space Force but probably not. If it makes you feel better, Obama will be remembered for being the first black President and for unleashing a massive whitelash that culminated in the election of your boy. Weee....

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Incitement of insurrection.

I'm not sure I am in favor of them doing this, by the way. He likely won't be tried in the Senate until after the inauguration at which point Dems would be better served working on advancing their agenda rather than putting Trump back in the limelight with some pathetic defense from co-conspirator Gulliani. Yeah they can block him from ever running again but Trump accomplished that himself. Further I have little faith that there are 17 Republicans who would put the country and posterity before their career and their party.

That being said, it's not just to embarrass the President. It's to hold him responsible. The Dems rightfully hold him responsible for the attack which put their own lives in danger. I mean they despised him before he did this shit. It's not just Dems, by the way. There are a few Reps who have a sense of honor and they want him gone too. His former Chief of Staff Gen Kelley says he should be removed. Bill Barr has condemned him. Numerous members of his admin are leaving like rats leaving a sinking ship.

It will be a bipartisan effort to remove him. Whether impeachment is successful or not, they can force Reps to show whether they put their party before their country. That will be scarlet letter which I don't think people will forget. The country is ADD as hell but sacking the capital... Still I don't think that's enough upside but it wasn't my office that got peed in.

I know you guys think this was just a few honest conservatives getting carried away because gosh darn it the President just got them a little too excited on accident, oops. That's how Tucker and Hannity explain it away so that's the party line. But it's horseshit. People had pipe bombs, homemade napalm, plastic ties to bind wrists, they erected a noose with a wooden beam. They were chanting that they were going to hang Mike Pense. They didn't just vandalize, they smeared feces and urinated in our capital. Lives were lost, including a police officer.

As an American, I find this humiliating that this happened in our country. There is no excusing this. These are weak minded people who love a demagogue more than they love our country. It's that simple. They are deluded and they did it to themselves by talking to fellow morons on 4chan and Parler and whatever other dumb shit these people go to.

As for the President, he spoke to these people and called on them to march down Pennsylvania Avenue and "stay strong." Gulliani called for "trial by combat." All this shit sounds funny and cute but when you're speaking to a crowd, a fair number of whom are wingnuts, they hear what they want to hear.

According to Rep Senator Ben Sasse, Trump was gleeful as the crowd was storming the capital. He couldn't understand why his staffers were so distressed. When Rep leadership and his cabinet convinced him to ask the rioters to stop, he again told the rioters that he loved them and they were special. He then repeated the big lie that the election was stolen and the facts were on his side, despite losing in courts at every level across the country. If you want to continue to believe that shit >

Trump may well face criminal charges on leaving office for incitement. He will likely pardon himself but that's won't hold up. He had a much better chance of avoiding a lot of criminal exposure by resigning and having Pense pardon him but that ship has sailed. He torched his relationship with his chief fellator by throwing a mob at him and his family. No more fellating for you!

So yeah, for those of you who love Trump's platform I guess you can hang your hat on that. But history will not be kind to him. He will be best known for being twice impeached and inciting a mob to sack the capital. The judges won't matter in 50 years. The tax cuts won't be remembered. The wall will be forgotten. Maybe Space Force but probably not. If it makes you feel better, Obama will be remembered for being the first black President and for unleashing a massive whitelash that culminated in the election of your boy. Weee....
Your memory allows you to forget the recent past of how the Democrats essentially made a way for protestors to run ramped in several cities and forbade law enforcement to intervene to stop the violence, roiting and even being brutal to the citizens of the areas? How can what you accuse Trump of doing be any different?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Your memory allows you to forget the recent past of how the Democrats essentially made a way for protestors to run ramped in several cities and forbade law enforcement to intervene to stop the violence, roiting and even being brutal to the citizens of the areas? How can what you accuse Trump of doing be any different?
Or Obama going to Dallas that one day and blaming those 5 cops for getting executed. Did that not incite more violence?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This is the obvious new line of attack, that all 75 million who voted for Trump are Timothy McVeighs plotting to destroy everything. If you can paint them as terrible and dangerous enough, you justify doing anything to them and by any means possible.

And even incredibly slanted Snopes says Trump didn't tell anyone to storm the Capitol. He told them to show strength and fight, etc. Try proving in a court of law that that's making people break into buildings and threaten people.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is the obvious new line of attack, that all 75 million who voted for Trump are Timothy McVeighs plotting to destroy everything. If you can paint them as terrible and dangerous enough, you justify doing anything to them and by any means possible.

And even incredibly slanted Snopes says Trump didn't tell anyone to storm the Capitol. He told them to show strength and fight, etc. Try proving in a court of law that that's making people break into buildings and threaten people.
Right. But people believe what they want to believe. For further proof, you only have to look above a few posts. A nicely written diatribe with a little hidden innuendo suggesting the very things you mention here.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Gee, where did Trumpists get the idea that violence was acceptable? Oh right.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

I dont think it was just a few "honest conservatives" I think it was a small group on the outer fringes that in no way represent 70+ million people who voted for Trump (or in my case voted against Democrats/Biden). I fully support prosecution to the fullest extent of the law of everyone found guilty of the things you listed above and IIRC, everyone here who has expressed support for Trump has said the same. I also think what I and many others want is the same level of accountability to apply to all cases (see previous years riots, fires, damage & deaths) regardless of the cause or motivation.

And I dont mind the consistent heat brought upon Trump, I just want the same level of criticism and intensity to be brought to everyone in Congress and whomever is president regardless of party but what I tend to see is hero worship of guys like Obama or Clinton and demonization of everyone not part of their party. I'm politically agnostic, want little to no government so as I observe what occurs in most news outlets, every late night talk show, SNL, etc, etc, etc there is a decided anti-republican or pro-democrat stance and I have a problem with that because I believe it influences the lazy (which I think was the deciding factor in this election more than any so called voter fraud). I also believe the news should dispassionately report a story and let the facts be their guide but it feels like that type of reporting is no longer an option and this disturbs me greatly.

thats always the case, its rare people actually make the effort to actively listen & comprehend what people are saying; its stupid for anyone to get their marching orders from any president or bureaucrat. To me the worst of the bunch who caused the damage, injury, etc were likely to have done something stupid regardless of what Trump did or didn't say. As pathetic as the whole thing was, I found nothing scary about the people who did this stuff, they looked like a pathetic group of idiots who had zero chance of ever pulling off a so called coup and they're going to pay dearly for their foolishness but the worst part is I think we're all going to pay for the backlash of this event as it will make people more prone to vote Democrat and give them too much power and control of a government that already has too much power and control of our lives.

According to Rep Senator Ben Sasse, Trump was gleeful as the crowd was storming the capital.
got a link?

That was good, I agree with him

Good riddance to Trump, I hope the backlash doesnt last too long and we dont have a continual negative spiral with the political environment but I fear we will. I also don't think its good for either party to have full control and prefer gridlock. Regardless of whatever party one prefers, I'll never understand why anyone wants so much government in their lives, you'd think we could all agree on that

On a side note, how are you doing at your hospital?

Staying covid free & did you get the vaccine?

How do you feel about the way Covid is being managed in Texas and what do you wish would be done differently here or elsewhere?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
So what's the take on this person who is a republican and makes the following comments?

I've tried to keep an open mind throughout this whole thing but I don't buy the assertions the election was stolen, they've had plenty of opportunity to prove their case and the courts, many of which I assume were ruled by judges put in place on Trump & McConnell's watch, didn't see a reason to rule in Trumps favor so I have to assume they didn't have enough evidence.

I don't approve of the harassment, doxing, threats of violence mentioned in the above video regardless of which side is doing it so I hope we find a way to stop that shit across the board.

I do think the media is heavily slanted toward the Dems and definitely against Trump and believe 4 years of this endless train of negativity could easily be responsible for swaying the voting toward Biden and I can see a lot of republicans voting against Trump by going Republican for all of the congressional races which would explain why those numbers varied from the votes for Trump. Adam Corolla talked about this effect in one of his podcasts and I think it has merit.

I could be wrong and there could be some massive secret, well-coordinated effort where people are in cahoots across multiple counties, cities, states, etc and no whistle blowers ever surfaced but I just cant buy that because I've never seen government act this efficiently and well coordinated (except for the military). The old Ben Franklin quote of "Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead" also comes to mind

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Fuck Georgia Republicans, from their inept governor on down. They pretty much personally handed the entire Federal Govt to the Dems. And fuck those Dems who voted for a known racist, anti-American, antisemitic, anti-military nutcase like Warnock. That shithead shouldn't even be a preacher, let alone a US Senator.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Wow, they're even coming for radio now. I knew anything going through the internet could and probably would be censored, but now they're going after every means of messaging.

And we're not even to the inauguration yet.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wow, they're even coming for radio now. I knew anything going through the internet could and probably would be censored, but now they're going after every means of messaging.

And we're not even to the inauguration yet.

You want civil war? Because this is how you get civil war.

Top Bottom