Eagles Stuff...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I didn't expect him to play.

I just hope this idiotic staff realizes that they need to be ready to help Bell for most of the game if necessary.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good.

I know he isn't going to do anything of note, but if he can get in the way every now and again, that alone will make him an upgrade over Smith.

We can't have Smith out there completely missing reads and giving up chunks of yards in this game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why didn't he play MLB in the game last week when Lee got hurt?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
No Lee, no T. Smith, arguably the best players on their sides of the ball for Dallas. Why do I have a feeling this won't end well?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Cujo

DCC 4Life
No Lee, no T. Smith, arguably the best players on their sides of the ball for Dallas. Why do I have a feeling this won't end well?
Because it won't. Beating Philly was a dicey proposition with everyone healthy. No Smith, Lee, or Elliot? We'll lose by 3 tds.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Because it won't. Beating Philly was a dicey proposition with everyone healthy. No Smith, Lee, or Elliot? We'll lose by 3 tds.
Agreed.

And Philly has some big injuries as well.

But as I've said.....you can't tell.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Agreed.

And Philly has some big injuries as well.

But as I've said.....you can't tell.
Who's injured? I read that everyone practiced today.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
And yet, I'll sit through it for some reason. I think the last 21 years have made me something of a football masochist.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jaylon Smith played 100% of the snaps against the Rams, 55% against the Packers and 77% against the Falcons.

With Lee he only played 49%, 29%, and 30% against the 49ers, Redskins, and Chiefs.

I don't care that Lee is out, we need to keep Smith somewhere in that 30%-40% range. Rotate him with Durant and Wilson, move Awuzie, Frazier, Woods, or somebody down as a dime LB, something.

Do something, anything, we just can't have this guy out there 80% of the time giving up big plays.

vince

Not So New Member
And yet, I'll sit through it for some reason. I think the last 21 years have made me something of a football masochist.
Hate to admit this, but it's gotten to the point where beating an NFC rival has become the thing I look forward to every year. I try not to set my expectations too high anymore.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jaylon Smith played 100% of the snaps against the Rams, 55% against the Packers and 77% against the Falcons.

With Lee he only played 49%, 29%, and 30% against the 49ers, Redskins, and Chiefs.

I don't care that Lee is out, we need to keep Smith somewhere in that 30%-40% range. Rotate him with Durant and Wilson, move Awuzie, Frazier, Woods, or somebody down as a dime LB, something.

Do something, anything, we just can't have this guy out there 80% of the time giving up big plays.
With Lee out there, we were able to at least get some usefulness out of Smith by lining him up as an extra pass rusher.

There's not a whole lot of thinking or mental processing required with that, so he was proving to be an effective blitzer. You obviously can't do this every time he comes in or it tells the defense what we're going to do, but my point is that Lee going down didn't just hurt us at MLB, it also took away the little bit of extra benefit the defense was getting from Smith.

He needs to be used only to spell someone for a play or two. I don't even want him on the field for an entire series because he can't go long without screwing something up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom