Eagles Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is terrifying because I am almost homering out.
What are the odds that Carp and LT predict a loss and we have Opposite Day on Sunday?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I feel good just because we don't have to worry about Romo yips, and no expects them to win anyway.

They will have to run Murray and do the things that they don't do whenever Romo is around
I'm cautiously optimistic for those same reasons.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Does Orton stil have a neck beard? The answer can solve the mystery about the outcome.

Cotton

Staff member
Does Orton stil have a neck beard? The answer can solve the mystery about the outcome.
Nope. Saw a pic of him taking his mug shot for Sunday and he was clean shaven.

That's a bad thing, isn't it?

Cotton

Staff member
Receivers make adjustments to Kyle Orton
December, 28, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has thrown a franchise-record 208 touchdowns in his career with 34 of them going to wide receiver Dez Bryant.

Terrell Owens and Bryant are tied for the most touchdown catches from Romo. Owens is retired and won't get another chance to increase those totals.

Bryant won't either, at least this year, with Romo out for the season due to back surgery.

So Bryant will now adjust to backup quarterback Kyle Orton, who moves into the No. 1 spot for Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

There is some subtle changes between Orton and Romo.

While both are dropback passers, Romo has more mobility and will take risks because of his ability to escape pressure. Orton isn't as mobile, so expect him to throw more passes away instead of keeping plays alive with his movement.

"Kyle is a smart guy," Bryant said. "Kyle knows the offense just as well as Tony knows the offense. Everybody is going to rally behind Kyle. Kyle is one of the leaders in this locker room and he does a great job talking to us. Kyle been doing that even when he was the backup, he will tell us, 'You would be better if you do it this way, this way, this way.' We all listen to him, we have a great feel, every last one of us has a great feel for Kyle and Kyle is going to go in and do his job."

Orton has been working with the second-team offense in practices this season while Romo took the reps with the first team. With Romo out this week, trying to get treatment for his back injury, Orton took over the first-team snaps while Jon Kitna worked with the second team.

"Kyle has looked really good," tight end Jason Witten said. "He's played really well and prepared and on the same page. He's got a great rapport with the guys and even when he wasn't out there, that's what makes him great."

The Cowboys have stressed there shouldn't be a change with the game plan with Orton as the starter. It's too late in the season to change everything up given this is Week 17 and outside of losing Romo, the offense basically has the same personnel as its had most of the season.

"It’s the same offense," receiver Cole Beasley said. "Just plugging that guy in for another one."

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Look, Orton isn't even half the QB that Romo is, but it is a strange feeling not having to worry about him coming out with the yips when the pressure is on.

We might get our asses kicked, but just to not see that guy slumped shoulders and all looking at the ground as he throws a dumb INT is enough to get me to watch.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We lose about 54-28. Everyone will be on Chip Kelly's jock until Carolina curb stomps them in the playoffs.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

We lose about 54-28. Everyone will be on Chip Kelly's jock until Carolina curb stomps them in the playoffs.
They won't see Carolina since they will win the division. Instead, the Eagles will draw NO. Have fun with that, Philly.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They won't see Carolina since they will win the division. Instead, the Eagles will draw NO. Have fun with that, Philly.
Hmm. If NO doesn't win that division and has to play a road game at Philly, at the very least I don't think it would be a curb stomp.

Unfortunately.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Hmm. If NO doesn't win that division and has to play a road game at Philly, at the very least I don't think it would be a curb stomp.

Unfortunately.
Agreed. The Saints are average at best playing outside of the Superdome.

Top Bottom