Eagles Stuff...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Have they or have they not devised a Kyle Orton game plan?

Didn't realize this coaching staff gameplanned at all. It always seems more like flying by the seat of their pants.
Well that's simply not true. :art

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys expect largest crowd of the season and one of the largest in stadium history

The Cowboys will have one thing going for them this week -- home-field advantage. AT&T Stadium should have its largest crowd of the season, topping the 92,758 the Cowboys drew for the Broncos on Oct. 6.

"I take some of what we’re getting injury-wise to be able to play this game at home," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told the Star-Telegram. "Our fans can make a difference in this game. Their enthusiasm can really make the difference. We need a home-field atmosphere if we are counting on [Kyle] Orton and we’re counting on what we are with the team with that home-field atmosphere, and it is going to be…. We’ve sold everything available. We’ll have them hanging from their rafters. It’ll be one of our biggest crowds."

The Cowboys have drawn 613,179 this season, an average of 87,597. Their largest crowd ever was the NFL-record 105,121 who saw the regular-season opening of the $1.2 billion stadium in 2009. They also drew 100,621 for the Eagles in a Week 17 game that season.

The Cowboys are 22-17 all time at AT&T Stadium, including 5-2 this season.

"We are going to need our fans," receiver Dez Bryant said. "We've got some of the greatest fans in football. We are going to need them to be loud every third down, make sure they don't hear their play. We need them involved in this ball game."

-- Charean Williams

dallen

Senior Tech
Cowboys expect largest crowd of the season and one of the largest in stadium history

The Cowboys will have one thing going for them this week -- home-field advantage. AT&T Stadium should have its largest crowd of the season, topping the 92,758 the Cowboys drew for the Broncos on Oct. 6.

"I take some of what we’re getting injury-wise to be able to play this game at home," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told the Star-Telegram. "Our fans can make a difference in this game. Their enthusiasm can really make the difference. We need a home-field atmosphere if we are counting on [Kyle] Orton and we’re counting on what we are with the team with that home-field atmosphere, and it is going to be…. We’ve sold everything available. We’ll have them hanging from their rafters. It’ll be one of our biggest crowds."

The Cowboys have drawn 613,179 this season, an average of 87,597. Their largest crowd ever was the NFL-record 105,121 who saw the regular-season opening of the $1.2 billion stadium in 2009. They also drew 100,621 for the Eagles in a Week 17 game that season.

"We are going to need our fans," receiver Dez Bryant said. "We've got some of the greatest fans in football. We are going to need them to be loud every third down, make sure they don't hear their play. We need them involved in this ball game."

-- Charean Williams
:tehj

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

-- Charean Williams
My analogy dealing with 3/4 or our fans and half a brain may be a little off. Maybe 7/8.

Stars

DCC 4Life
I'll be surprised if a third of this giant crowd isn't Eagles fans.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pondering the 46: Down to the corners

December, 28, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have yet to place Tony Romo on injured reserve. They really don't have the need to make the formal move just yet, so as we Ponder the 46, Romo will be one of the inactives.

Sean Lee is out with a neck strain. Ernie Sims is doubtful but he has not practiced the last two weeks because of a groin injury. Darrion Weems and Jakar Hamilton will also be inactive. Martez Wilson has been inactive the last two games, so he is likely to be down for his third straight game.

That leaves one spot and with Morris Claiborne coming back from a hamstring injury, rookie cornerback B.W. Webb is in the crosshairs.

Webb has been active for every game, but he lost his playing time to Sterling Moore the last few games. Maybe the Cowboys cover themselves by bringing a fifth cornerback to the game in case Claiborne aggravates his hamstring again, but they have had only four active for the season.

Perhaps they could go lighter on the defensive line, but with LeSean McCoy running and DeMarcus Ware, Jason Hatcher, Jarius Wynn and George Selvie all nicked to some degree, that doesn't seem to be the wise choice.

So the inactives will be: Romo, Lee, Sims, Weems, Hamilton, Wilson and Webb.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Matchup to watch: Dallas Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray vs. Philadelphia LB DeMeco Ryans
By Rainer Sabin
rsabin@dallasnews.com

At one point this season, the Cowboys ground attack was considered a weakness and DeMarco Murray an undependable player. But Murray has acquitted himself well in the last six games and has become the first Cowboys running back to rush for more than 1,000 yards since Julius Jones accomplished the feat in 2006.

This week, it’s expected that he will play a featured role with quarterback Tony Romo out after undergoing back surgery Friday. Murray could be a difference maker for a team that is 11-0 when he has 20 or more carries.

“I’m ready for whatever they ask me to do,” said Murray, who missed the Cowboys’ 17-3 victory over Philadelphia in October because of a sprained knee.

One of the players who will be looking to stop Murray is DeMeco Ryans. The veteran inside linebacker leads the Eagles with 169 tackles. He has also contributed four sacks and two interceptions. A two-time Pro Bowler, Ryans had made his presence felt throughout the season, helping Philadelphia’s defense hold opponents to 3.79 yards per carry – the third-lowest average in the NFL.

Edge: Murray

Cotton

Staff member
Against NFC East opponents this year, the Cowboys have held the opposing team to an average of 18 points. Good enough to win?

Cotton

Staff member
God damn, that small glimmer of hope is growing. I don't know why I let it happen every freakin' time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
God damn, that small glimmer of hope is growing. I don't know why I let it happen every freakin' time.
Yeah, I am feeling kind of optimistic. Can you believe that? God I hate myself sometimes.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I am feeling kind of optimistic. Can you believe that? God I hate myself sometimes.
By the time the game actually starts I'm going to be all OMG GO COWBOYS!

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
A look at the Dallas Cowboys’ keys to victory against Philadelphia

By Rainer Sabin
rsabin@dallasnews.com
2:00 pm on December 28, 2013

The Dallas Cowboys got the bad news Friday. Tony Romo will not play in the season finale after undergoing back surgery. Instead, Kyle Orton will try to lead Dallas to victory in its third straight Week 17 do-or-die game. Beating Philadelphia was already a tall task before Romo was hurt. The Eagles have won six of their last seven games and quarterback Nick Foles has played well – at times exceptionally so – for them. For the Cowboys, a team that hasn’t made the postseason since 2009, the odds are stacked against them. Here is a look at the Cowboys’ keys to victory:

Protect Orton

Tony Romo won’t play Sunday. His season is over after he underwent back surgery Friday. Kyle Orton is now the starter. It falls on the offensive line to shield him from harm. It won’t be an easy task for a row of blockers that has been exposed at times. Orton is considerably less mobile than Romo, who would regularly spin away from oncoming pass rushers to extend plays. Orton doesn’t have Romo’s athleticism so he’ll be hard-pressed to avoid punishment if he isn’t protected. A clean pocket is a must for Orton is to be successful.

Stop the run

The Eagles have a prolific offense. But the foundation of their attack is their running game. Tailback LeSean McCoy has gashed opponents with his unique combination of speed and elusiveness. Six times this season he has run for more than 100 yards in a game. But he struggled to gain any traction against Dallas in a 17-3 loss on Oct. 3. Shutting down McCoy was the key to stopping the Eagles that day. If the Cowboys can do that again, they have a chance to win Sunday.

Establish running game

There was a point earlier this season DeMarco Murray went missing in action. He was reduced to a bit player in the Cowboys’ offense as Dallas leaned on the arm of Tony Romo. But with Romo out Sunday, Murray figures to have an expanded role this Sunday. And based on his recent track record Murray seems ready to fill it. The running back has averaged 102.3 yards per game on the ground in the last six games. And Dallas has won all 11 games when Murray has had more than 20 carries since his career began in 2011. Feed Murray the ball and the Cowboys’ chances to win increase.

Limit big plays

In his first season in the NFL, Philadelphia head coach Chip Kelly has acquitted himself well. The high-octane offense he ran at Oregon has netted eye-popping results at the pro level. This season, the Eagles have executed 93 plays of at least 20 yards. No other team has produced more than 75. Quarterback Nick Foles commands a passing attack that can beat teams downfield. Running back LeSean McCoy is capable of reaching the end zone any time he touches the ball. The Cowboys, who managed to shut down Philadelphia in October, have generally struggled to defend offenses as dynamic as Philadelphia’s. They have allowed 73 plays of 20 or more yards this season – tied for the second-most in the NFL.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I feel good just because we don't have to worry about Romo yips, and no expects them to win anyway.

They will have to run Murray and do the things that they don't do whenever Romo is around

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I feel good just because we don't have to worry about Romo yips, and no expects them to win anyway.

They will have to run Murray and do the things that they don't do whenever Romo is around
I said it before in another thread, maybe the rest of the team decides to lay out for a win instead of sitting back expecting Romo to do it for them.

Cotton

Staff member
I said it before in another thread, maybe the rest of the team decides to lay out for a win instead of sitting back expecting Romo to do it for them.
That makes sense. They have seemed to rely on Tony too much. Homer side rising.

Top Bottom