Draft Grades

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I thought the entire third round was terrible. Wright was completely off board. Odigizuwa and Gholston were both taken a round or so too high. Botching what should have been the meat of their draft really kills the grade in my book.
Golston and Wright are as you say. I think though Odighizuwa was on point.

I was a bit humbled by Nixon’s and Cox’s slides. Lots of players who’s names were much higher on publications slid into later rounds.

We give our team no credit thanks to debacles like 1995 and 2009, but they have become much more of a legit pro sports franchise in terms of evaluation and drafting this past decade.

What they’ve lacked is a true architect and blueprint for how to build. I think Quinn at least has made his mark on the team.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
CNNSI:

Dallas Cowboys

Round 1 (12) - Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
Round 2 (44) - Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky
Round 3 (75) - Osa Odighizuwa, DT, UCLA
Round 3 (84) - Chauncey Golston, DE, Iowa
Round 3 (99) - Nahshon Wright, CB, Oregon State
Round 4 (115) - Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
Round 4 (138) - Josh Ball, OT, Marshall
Round 5 (179) - Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford
Round 6 (192) - Quinton Bohanna, DT, Kentucky
Round 6 (227) - Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina
Round 7 (238) - Matt Farniok, OG, Nebraska

I like when there is a need as deliberate as what the Cowboys have on defense right now that their personnel department doesn’t waste any time throwing all of their draft resources at the problem. Admittedly, a Dan Quinn personnel set is different than whatever the Cowboys called their defense last season, but it was still a little surprising to see them go defense with their first six picks and then another two in the sixth round.

Micah Parsons is not the perfect choice there, but with Dallas’s glut of linebackers, he can solve multiple problems given his pass rushing acumen. Kelvin Joseph is a long-ish cornerback who started his career at LSU before transferring to a starring role at Kentucky, where he picked off four passes in 2020 and seemed to be a more willing tackler than some media scouting reports might suggest.

Jabril Cox was probably my favorite pick. It was surprising, given his coverage ability, that he was available as late as he was. While corner is obviously still a concern, Quinn should be able to matchup more effectively with different teams.

GRADE: B

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's not my recollection, wasn't consensus for him in the 100s?
Jeremiah has him in the 80s, Brugler around 100ish I think, which is still not far off from where we took him at 84, not sure about the other media types.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Sure, just find me some all-22. I don't have it in me to wade through full YouTube games to watch this guy.

locked up tighter than Gene Jones' cooch.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
CNNSI:

Dallas Cowboys

Round 1 (12) - Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
Round 2 (44) - Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky
Round 3 (75) - Osa Odighizuwa, DT, UCLA
Round 3 (84) - Chauncey Golston, DE, Iowa
Round 3 (99) - Nahshon Wright, CB, Oregon State
Round 4 (115) - Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
Round 4 (138) - Josh Ball, OT, Marshall
Round 5 (179) - Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford
Round 6 (192) - Quinton Bohanna, DT, Kentucky
Round 6 (227) - Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina
Round 7 (238) - Matt Farniok, OG, Nebraska

I like when there is a need as deliberate as what the Cowboys have on defense right now that their personnel department doesn’t waste any time throwing all of their draft resources at the problem. Admittedly, a Dan Quinn personnel set is different than whatever the Cowboys called their defense last season, but it was still a little surprising to see them go defense with their first six picks and then another two in the sixth round.

Micah Parsons is not the perfect choice there, but with Dallas’s glut of linebackers, he can solve multiple problems given his pass rushing acumen. Kelvin Joseph is a long-ish cornerback who started his career at LSU before transferring to a starring role at Kentucky, where he picked off four passes in 2020 and seemed to be a more willing tackler than some media scouting reports might suggest.

Jabril Cox was probably my favorite pick. It was surprising, given his coverage ability, that he was available as late as he was. While corner is obviously still a concern, Quinn should be able to matchup more effectively with different teams.

GRADE: B

It's official.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's official.
You people are going to start making me hit the ban button because I'm growing VERY tired of uneducated statements like this. Go to CNNSI and see what they think of White. Then, post it. Fpickering, YOU WILL POST THIS NEXT.

If I see your name beside a post after this time stamp that does not include what a major draft resource like CNNSI has on this player, I will give you a couple of days off. You people WILL START THINKING AND START PROCESSING INFORMATION BEFORE YOU POST IDIOCY.

:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You people are going to start making me hit the ban button because I'm growing VERY tired of uneducated statements like this. Go to CNNSI and see what they think of White. Then, post it. Fpickering, YOU WILL POST THIS NEXT.

If I see your name beside a post after this time stamp that does not include what a major draft resource like CNNSI has on this player, I will give you a couple of days off. You people WILL START THINKING AND START PROCESSING INFORMATION BEFORE YOU POST IDIOCY.

:towel
I was trying to find that, and ran across this twitter account. Is this the infamous fpickering?

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
This is why I like the Osa pick...

Look at how he uses his length and hand-work to keep control of his opponent. Also, wrestlers understand leverage. He was listed at 285, if he can add 10-15 lbs. and keep his quickness, he could be a force.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The draft class is starting to grow on me. F+ at the moment but hope to get a B in 3 years.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
That's not my recollection, wasn't consensus for him in the 100s?
This is why I like the Osa pick...

Look at how he uses his length and hand-work to keep control of his opponent. Also, wrestlers understand leverage. He was listed at 285, if he can add 10-15 lbs. and keep his quickness, he could be a force.
Good find. Agree. Wrestlers and grappling martial artists make good linemen.

Top Bottom