Draft Chatter Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't get why the draft is only 7 rounds. The amount of undrafted talent left over suggests there are enough draftable players to take it up to 10.
That you can blame on the players. It allows more players to be free agents rather than have their rights controlled by the clubs. I think if you left it up to the NFLPA, the draft would go away or be limited to even less than it is right now.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That you can blame on the players. It allows more players to be free agents rather than have their rights controlled by the clubs. I think if you left it up to the NFLPA, the draft would go away or be limited to even less than it is right now.
It would be interesting if there was no draft and teams just had to spend their cap money wisely in signing college talent.

data

Forbes #1
F me running

Carl

RIP Brother
If you had pick #1 would you take Clowney? I would not. I do not trust him. I'd take Robinson or maybe Mack. Why am I wrong?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If you had pick #1 would you take Clowney? I would not. I do not trust him. I'd take Robinson or maybe Mack. Why am I wrong?
I get why people would be nervous about Clowney.

He just does not seem wired the way you would want.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd give consideration to Watkins if I was the Texans. OTs are safe picks, but Watkins will be really good.

D

Deuce

I'd give consideration to Watkins if I was the Texans. OTs are safe picks, but Watkins will be really good.
Unless they have plans to dump Johnson soon I wouldn't. It's overkill.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
With JJ Watt, I think the Texans have extra incentive to get Clowney.
They've hinted that they like Khalil Mack better than Clowney.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No, I could see that. You'd roll the dice on him in the top 5 I'm sure though.

D

Deuce

I don't see how you pass on Clowney for anyone. He's a game changer unlike anyone else in this draft except for maybe the QBs. You stick him on a team with a no nonsense coach and a good vet presence who will also happen to be in the meetings with him to mentor him and you roll the dice.

Had it been a situation like Cleveland or something where he would be the man from the start, I could see looking at other options. But Houston just makes too much sense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ward in the 2nd would be amazing, I'd honestly be ok with him after trading down in the 1st depending on what else is available.

Top Bottom