Doug Free could miss 3-4 weeks with a foot injury

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Witten has also cleaned up his penalty act.
They were actually talking about this on the radio earlier today. When you run the ball like we do it can really help eliminate some of those penalties because guys are firing off the ball and the pass rush gets a bit stifled by the running game. A lot of false starts happen because guys get jumpy trying to make sure they stop the pass rush.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They were actually talking about this on the radio earlier today. When you run the ball like we do it can really help eliminate some of those penalties because guys are firing off the ball and the pass rush gets a bit stifled by the running game. A lot of false starts happen because guys get jumpy trying to make sure they stop the pass rush.
Pretty obvious.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Number one, I don't accept the narrative that people have created that we ran the ball amazingly last year.

Actually, for the first seven games -- basically half the year -- we ran the ball under 4 yards per carry like five times.
Of those first 7 games, the 2 games we stuck with the run(Giants & Rams) it was dominant, then there were 3 we abandoned the run and Murray was hurt for the last 2

p1_

DCC 4Life
For a couple run plays, sure. What did he have, 5 snaps?

When I say I hope he can step up, I'm talking about the entire package. Play a whole game. And not get Romo killed with a missed pickup on a pass rusher which he has done before in limited action.
I hear ya. But we've seen Free be beat like a drum, so he's not always been sterling in his execution. Let's see what Parnell can do with some tutelage from Callahan. Already Leary is showing vast improvement, perhaps another success story is waiting to step up in Parnell. It's good to have depth. We will see shortly.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Did anyone else notice Martin giving Parnell his blocking assignments on the first play he was in? Not saying it will be an issue for Parnell, a full week of practice will help him learn the blocking scheme for the Giants, but to me its another indication of how good Martin can be. Martin and Fredrick have provided real leadership to the o-line and Tyron is over there just being the best tackle in the game. God it feels good to have linemen.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'll say it. Sometimes Tyron goes into a fugue state where is fucks up badly. We give him a pass but there are several plays where Romo has to bail Tyron out from a complete brain fart.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Carp

DCC 4Life
Tyron needs to work on this next. He seems to either get more penalties than everyone else or just at the absolute worst time. Or both.
He has had 2 false starts, 1 personal foul, and 1 hold that was declined. You just don't like the player for whatever reason.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That sucks. Maybe Parnell will step up and be okay, but we are really really thin at OT now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He has had 2 false starts, 1 personal foul, and 1 hold that was declined. You just don't like the player for whatever reason.
Yeah, I haven't seen him get many penalties at all.

D

Deuce

On the season? Then it must just be bad timing. He's had 2 penalties this year in crunch time, much like his hold Sunday.

Carp

DCC 4Life
On the season? Then it must just be bad timing. He's had 2 penalties this year in crunch time, much like his hold Sunday.
His hold that was declined?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As much as I'm not a fan of Free, he sure has been better than Parnell. And the way this line is playing right now you want continuity at least till the offseason.

Get well soon Dougie.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I did not "absolutely hate" Leary -- he was bad last year down the stretch, and he's playing much better now.

Tell me another one about being absolutely wrong, Mr. I'm a Homer With All My Predictions.

Leary is better this year than last year, which is to be expected of a young player. But I don't see how he was "bad" last year at any point.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Leary is better this year than last year, which is to be expected of a young player. But I don't see how he was "bad" last year at any point.
Well I do. The guard play was the weak part of the line and tremendously inconsistent. Run blocking isn't the only part of the game to evaluate btw.

But Leary was the most noticeable player getting beat late in the year... And it happened repeatedly.

This year it's less, and when he's good, he's even better. But that doesn't mean he didn't struggle last year.

Top Bottom