Domestic Abuse allegations against Zeke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
For the record I think we can stay afloat without Elliott for a couple games, and especially if it's just a game or two. Depending on how the young secondary comes together I think we could definitely beat the Giants and/or the Broncos even without Elliott.

The running game won't be what it was with Elliott but it can be passable with Morris/McFadden/some random RB we sign in the next month.

midswat

... soon
Sarcasm?

I wouldn't have. He seemed to have an involved family.
Not sarcasm. There was a E:60 profiling him and he came across as a very high character kid from a good family. It sold me on taking him at 4.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

vince

Not So New Member
Another report is stating it was the DJ of the bar who was assaulted.

Also that DJ supposedly DJ's in one of the club levels of AT&T stadium during games.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Lol it could be. Hell the guy doesn't even know who did it much less what happened.
Celebrities are just plain stupid hanging out in a bar. Invariably they will be recognized and then be provoked by some idiot that has an urge to challenge them or make a pest of themselves to the point of provoking a fight. I don't care whether you think this restricts the rights of the player because it probably does as a practical matter but the Dallas organization should be proactive in keeping their players out of this climate. Even to the extent of enforcing fines and other punishments.

Punishing the player is in their best interest because hopefully it will help avoid these kind of circumstances. The player is already at a disadvantage so deal with it to the extent that the club will even consider suspensions instead of waiting for the NFL to latch on to it.

Players who frequent these public places will always be confronted. Stay in areas that doesn't put you in the crosshairs.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Michael Huffman has a big Cowboys star under his profile pic.

Something tells me he could be a bit biased as to what really happened.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Punishing the player is in their best interest because hopefully it will help avoid these kind of circumstances. The player is already at a disadvantage so deal with it to the extent that the club will even consider suspensions instead of waiting for the NFL to latch on to it.

Players who frequent these public places will always be confronted. Stay in areas that doesn't put you in the crosshairs.
I get it, you go to place where fights tend to break out (Night clubs) and you're the most recognizable face their, your name is going to get thrown around every time something happens.

But at the same time you also have to let players lead somewhat normal lives on their free time. So you say no bars for players? What about restaurants that serve alcohol? What about sporting events?

Where do you draw the line on that sort of thing? And beyond that, good luck getting players to sign here as free agents or want to remain here after their rookie contract is up if they are so severely restricted in what they can do during their free time. Adults don't like being treated like children and most NFL players are able to go out on their free time without incident.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I get it, you go to place where fights tend to break out (Night clubs) and you're the most recognizable face their, your name is going to get thrown around every time something happens.

But at the same time you also have to let players lead somewhat normal lives on their free time. So you say no bars for players? What about restaurants that serve alcohol? What about sporting events?

Where do you draw the line on that sort of thing? And beyond that, good luck getting players to sign here as free agents or want to remain here after their rookie contract is up if they are so severely restricted in what they can do during their free time. Adults don't like being treated like children and most NFL players are able to go out on their free time without incident.
Restaurants and such can help police the problem patron not so much bars. The bouncers don't have the celebrities best interests at heart so they don't act until there is a donnybrook. It's a problem that has no easy solutions but the players themselves have to be proactive about their careers so give them an incentive to do so.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Restaurants and such can help police the problem patron not so much bars. The bouncers don't have the celebrities best interests at heart so they don't act until there is a donnybrook. It's a problem that has no easy solutions but the players themselves have to be proactive about their careers so give them an incentive to do so.
I can honestly say I have never heard this term before.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh good.

Elliott pulled over for speeding, 100 in a 70.

This guy is really flirting with it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom