Domestic Abuse allegations against Zeke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The NFL's lead investigator, Lisa Friel, is a die-hard Giants fan. "She’s the sort of fan who turned the den of her Brooklyn home into a shrine (painting it Giants blue and red and decorating it with team paraphernalia and a life-size wall-hanging of Eli Manning"*self.nfl

Sweet.
Nope, no bias here. When the hell will the league allow independent investigations on a regular basis instead of relying on someone that is obviously a fan of another team, particularly a division rival? It's effing ridiculous. She should have recused herself because of her personal inclinations and passed the duty on to someone else.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:unsure

Edit: Was she also responsible for the investigation into the Giants' kicker?
Goodell and his cronies are about as consistent as a road full of potholes and they will always kiss the Mara family's ass. Legacy franchises, dont'cha know?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Funny, now NFL Network is reporting that certain "insiders" don't think any punishment will be handed down to Zeke. That basically there is nothing to the domestic abuse allegations and the only potential for the NFL to do anything is based on an "accumulation" of incidents.

:lol You have to love how quickly insiders flop from one side to the other. I guess NFL Network just needs things to talk about. But I'm still not sure how Zeke could be punished. Punish him for an accumulation of incidents that include domestic violence that Zeke didn't commit and a fight at a bar that Zeke wasn't a suspect in. Top notch work there NFL. The other two incidents I guess would be a speeding ticket and a consensual booby grab.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Funny, now NFL Network is reporting that certain "insiders" don't think any punishment will be handed down to Zeke. That basically there is nothing to the domestic abuse allegations and the only potential for the NFL to do anything is based on an "accumulation" of incidents.

:lol You have to love how quickly insiders flop from one side to the other. I guess NFL Network just needs things to talk about. But I'm still not sure how Zeke could be punished. Punish him for an accumulation of incidents that include domestic violence that Zeke didn't commit and a fight at a bar that Zeke wasn't a suspect in. Top notch work there NFL. The other two incidents I guess would be a speeding ticket and a consensual booby grab.
They'll find a reason to suspend him for at least a game.

I just hope he's smart enough to stay out of trouble for the rest of the year. Don't give them anything else to fuel their case.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They'll find a reason to suspend him for at least a game.

I just hope he's smart enough to stay out of trouble for the rest of the year. Don't give them anything else to fuel their case.
I don't think he will. But I also recognize that the NFL has boxed themselves into a PR nightmare. If there is no punishment now people will be outraged that this was investigated for a year and half with nothing. On the other hand if they suspend him they will be in the nightmare scenario of explaining that a guy who committed no crime is being punished for being around people who did. Or I'd even go as far as to say Elliott is the victim in the domestic abuse case by the criminal acts of his ex. Talk about fucked up, punishing a player for being a victim in a domestic relationship.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Personally, I think Cris Carter is full of shit, but here is what he said.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I will riot if they give Zeke 4-6 games over essentially nothing.

Cotton

Staff member
NFL VP of Communications Brian McCarthy said the Ezekiel Elliott situation remains under review and any talk that a decision has been or will be made soon is speculation.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will riot if they give Zeke 4-6 games over essentially nothing.
I think there is basically no chance of that happening. But if it did I would seriously be rethinking my love of the NFL. If they are that arbitrarily determining the fates of franchises and players like that than it would start to feel as fake as WWE to me.

Landry

DCC 4Life
I think there is basically no chance of that happening. But if it did I would seriously be rethinking my love of the NFL. If they are that arbitrarily determining the fates of franchises and players like that than it would start to feel as fake as WWE to me.
WWE is fake? :budd

p1_

DCC 4Life
When are we gonna here from the league? These fokkers are taking way too long to say something.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
When are we gonna here from the league? These fokkers are taking way too long to say something.
I got the impression that the league is purposely dragging their feet on this as a form of "tit for tat".

Apparently Elliot and the Cowboys were slow to respond to league requests for information and evidence, so this is just the league trying to burn them a little more for not cooperating to the fullest extent. Which is what I believe Cris Carter was kind of hinting at as well when he made the comments about Zeke's suspension being similar to Brady's in certain aspects.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Sounds like Cris Carter is saying that Zeke is going to be punished for withholding information, similar to what happened to Brady.

Cotton

Staff member
Sounds like Cris Carter is saying that Zeke is going to be punished for withholding information, similar to what happened to Brady.
But, he didn't. He turned everything over to the cops that was asked of him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He also said that it was going to happen in like 48 hours. And yet here we are over 48 hours later with nothing.

Cotton

Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
Sounds like a great strategy idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom