Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Which is really good news because I think we're going to lose to Miami. :unsure

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I hesitate to say this but this game against Miami almost doesn't matter.

Even if we win out, if the Eagles also win out they overwhelmingly likely win the tiebreaker due to strength of victory.

So we kind of need the Eagles to lose another game.

But if the eagles do lose another game, it will be a conference loss for them (and potentially a division loss if it's the Giants).

That would give us the tiebreaker even if we lose to Miami since Miami is non conference.

We really only need to beat Detroit and Washington.

I'm pretty sure that's right even if their loss is to Arizona because while Miami is a common opponent so is Arizona. I think we'd be tied in common opponents so then it would move to conference record which we'd win.

@data correct me if I'm wrong.
You might be right about the numbers and such but the psyche of winning on the road against a team with a winning record is more important.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I hesitate to say this but this game against Miami almost doesn't matter.

Even if we win out, if the Eagles also win out they overwhelmingly likely win the tiebreaker due to strength of victory.

So we kind of need the Eagles to lose another game.

But if the eagles do lose another game, it will be a conference loss for them (and potentially a division loss if it's the Giants).

That would give us the tiebreaker even if we lose to Miami since Miami is non conference.

We really only need to beat Detroit and Washington.

I'm pretty sure that's right even if their loss is to Arizona because while Miami is a common opponent so is Arizona. I think we'd be tied in common opponents so then it would move to conference record which we'd win.

@data correct me if I'm wrong.
In the grand scheme I agree, but ultimately they have to respond based off the performance in Buffalo and put together a solid performance on the road. I don't necessarily need a win, but a good performance at least, they can't come out and get boat raced back to back.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
We could lose -- they're a good team with a lot of weapons.

I do bet that unlike last week, we torment Tua. From what I've seen, pressure really bothers him, and unlike Allen he's too small to break away from people. I think Micah and Co have a good day.

I didn't feel good about the Buffalo game, but I feel a lot better about this one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we bounce back and play angry against a less physical Miami team. We will see though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not worried about Dak. And certainly not because of last week. Buffalo had our entire team on lock. It wasn't just Dak.
The Bills have one of the best pass rushes in the league and it was 21-3 by our 4th offensive drive, while two of the first three were decent enough.

The way the game went played right into their hands and exaggerated their strengths while minimizing their weaknesses, while it worked in the exact opposite way for us. There isn't a QB in the league who would've done much in those circumstances.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Weekly DVOA report...

We're 6th, down from 4.

Buffalo is 3. Miami is fractionally behind them at 4. (KC is 5.)

FWIW, Philly is 10. Detroit is 7.

This feels pretty right to me.

Yep, we have a really tough schedule remaining. It's possible Buffalo and Miami are simply better than we are.

Either way, it's going to take a big effort and maybe some good bounces to win this week.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Weekly DVOA report...

We're 6th, down from 4.

Buffalo is 3. Miami is fractionally behind them at 4. (KC is 5.)

FWIW, Philly is 10. Detroit is 7.

This feels pretty right to me.

Yep, we have a really tough schedule remaining. It's possible Buffalo and Miami are simply better than we are.

Either way, it's going to take a big effort and maybe some good bounces to win this week.

Yep. I think people are underestimating Miami's defense. They could absolutely do the same thing to us that Buffalo did. On offense, Miami could run the ball down our throats also.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I bet it's mostly rest.

I do wonder if Hill plays. I suspect he does and is mostly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom