Dolphins Stuff…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Is McDaniel the lightest coach in NFL history? Does he weigh 150 lbs?

p1_

DCC 4Life
It will be critical that he offense plays better than in Buffalo. Get behind by 2 scores and it’s over . Miami is a running machine.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Their running game scares me with Hankins out.
They are also getting rookie RB Chris Brooks back. That big kid has been impressive in the little work he has got this year.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I hesitate to say this but this game against Miami almost doesn't matter.

Even if we win out, if the Eagles also win out they overwhelmingly likely win the tiebreaker due to strength of victory.

So we kind of need the Eagles to lose another game.

But if the eagles do lose another game, it will be a conference loss for them (and potentially a division loss if it's the Giants).

That would give us the tiebreaker even if we lose to Miami since Miami is non conference.

We really only need to beat Detroit and Washington.

I'm pretty sure that's right even if their loss is to Arizona because while Miami is a common opponent so is Arizona. I think we'd be tied in common opponents so then it would move to conference record which we'd win.

@data correct me if I'm wrong.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
According to the article below, what I said above is mostly true, but the Cowboys 1 loss can also come against Detroit instead because it would give the Cowboys the tiebreaker over the eagles in common opponents.

So beating Miami matters from the perspective that it gives us leeway against Detroit (we still don't want to lose to Washington).

But still, we can lose to Miami and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Ultimately unless a miracle happens in strength of victory, we can beat either Miami or Detroit, plus Washington and we'll win the division if the eagles lose any one of their remaining games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom