Do the Cowboys Make the Playoffs?

Do the Cowboys Make the Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Actually I see Philly as the toughest of the remaining opponents. The offense is balanced and executing well. The last time Foles was struggling with his new role and Dallas concentrated on shutting down McCoy. Foles has found his stride and that has allowed McCoy to be threat again.
McCoy was much more of a threat early when they were losing. He has a 100 yards or more I think once in the past 6 games.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Yeah, he was tearing it up before and after our game. But that's overlooked for some reason.
And you think the Cowboys are going to force him into a completely miserable performance like that again? And knock him out of the game again so pitiful Matt Barkley can come in and embarrass himself?

It's not an overlooked thing at all to me. I look at it that Foles had a wretched game but that appears to be a complete anomaly when you look at what he's done since. You think it was just this 31st ranked Cowboys' pass D that caused him to play so badly?

Again, I understand the other side. Philly's pass D is #32. Dallas is at home. Dallas can definitely win the game. I just don't see how anyone paying attention isn't extremely skeptical of the Cowboys ability to close out the season on top of the division. As far as I'm concerned they have to prove that they aren't what they've shown themselves to be the past two Decembers.

Bottom line, IMO, is that the Cowboys have not earned the benefit of the doubt so they should not be getting it.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dallas played a solid game defensively against the Eagles but I don't think it was a dominant game. I think Foles just had a shitty day. It happens.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So are we saying Philly is the toughest remaining opponent? I know I am.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So are we saying Philly is the toughest remaining opponent? I know I am.
If Rodgers plays, I'd say it's Green Bay, but Philly will be a tough opponent as well.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
would we be home dogs if we hosted SF in the first round?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We could beat the Panthers too.
On the surface, yeah, but they are just so much better than we are at every position and the Panthers' QB, unlike Colin Kaepernick, has become elite. We count on Tony Romo to overcome all the Cowboy weaknesses, but he can't stop the opposing QB. The league's best QB's always seem to show Romo up because our defense never seems to have half a clue.

And like I knew he would, Star Lotulelei has made the biggest impact of any pick in the first round this side of Sheldon Richardson, and has transformed the Panther's defense. They can stuff Murray, make Dallas one-dimensional, cover Witten, and harass our receivers. Romo and Bryant would have to pull some more miracles out of their asses to score on this team.

But Cam Newton can just humiliate the Dallas defense. He has a cannon, is accurate, always looks to pass, and runs more powerfully than any other QB when the team needs him to. I don't know if Sean Lee can tackle Newton and not re-injure himself. This guy makes RG3 look like a skinny, simpering dandy. Worse, AT&T Stadium would be pin-drop silent and present ideal passing conditions. A saving grace is that the Panthers have only one great WR in Steve Smith, but their TE's are all athletes who can run and catch, and Newton gets them the football. They are a balanced offense and run the ball really well.

Bottom line is they will slowly but surely beat the Cowboys in every quarter. Newton will be schooling the defense midway through the 3rd, and by the time all is said and done they win by 17.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dude, everyone knew Sheldon Richardson and Star Lotulelei were great first round picks.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dude, everyone knew Sheldon Richardson and Star Lotulelei were great first round picks.
Felt like I was the only one during the draft screaming for Lotulelei to last until 18. When he was only four or five picks away I wanted Jerry to trade up. When the Panthers were on the board I was praying they'd take Sharrif Floyd or one of the WR's. Anyways, it don't matter anymore, Nick Hayden he's our man, woo hoo.

Bottom line Carolina is way to physical for Dallas to defeat.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
And like I knew he would, Star Lotulelei has made the biggest impact of any pick in the first round this side of Sheldon Richardson, and has transformed the Panther's defense.
I didn't think we'd be in position for Star, but I was hoping Richardson would drop to us and be our pick. Of course as it turned out, I think Vaccarro would've been the only defensive player we'd have considered.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Felt like I was the only one during the draft screaming for Lotulelei to last until 18. When he was only four or five picks away I wanted Jerry to trade up. When the Panthers were on the board I was praying they'd take Sharrif Floyd or one of the WR's. Anyways, it don't matter anymore, Nick Hayden he's our man, woo hoo.

Bottom line Carolina is way to physical for Dallas to defeat.

http://dccforums.com/poll.php?pollid=1&do=showresults

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Lotulelei wasn't on that list because I didn't think he'd fall. He was right there with Warmack and Richardson for me otherwise.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yep there were plenty of guys I think we all would've been happy with. Richardson, warmack, Star, Cooper, etc. they all would've helped. It was a bit of a surprise that Star fell as much as he did. I think most of us would have advocated drafting him had he been available at our pick.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Top Bottom