Do the Cowboys Make the Playoffs?

Do the Cowboys Make the Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can't tell if some of you guys legitimately think they will miss the playoffs or are wishing they do because you think it will make Jerry snap and fire Garrett. I get how a playoff berth might scare you because it will embolden Jones, but frankly he's narrowly missed out the last three years and hasn't gone crazy.
You can't tell? I can tell.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We would have to collapse at this point to miss the playoffs. So, I'm giving us a 60/40 chance.
That's what I think. We've managed to put ourselves into decent position, we are 5-2 in our last 7, and a bunch of our losses have been really close.

I don't think we're going anywhere, but I think I'd put it at slightly better odds that we make it as opposed to missing it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't see how this year is going to be any different than every other year the past few years.

Genghis Khan

I just don't think they will get in. Its going to come down to the last game and just don't see them winning.
Yep. Philly showed me something beating AZ. One thing that is getting underrated is philly's defense has been really good lately. I think they are averaging about 18.5 points given up in the past month or so. And I'd be shocked if our cast of street walkers on defense can hold down their offense much. I don't care that the game is in Dallas. Philly is a good road team, and it's not like we are Seattle or anything at home.

And yes, Philly probably has the better coaching, too.

I think our best chance is for the division to not come down to that final game, but I think it will. I have thought that for a whole now.

The Philly-Detroit game this week is looking huge for us.

Of course, we will probably lose to Chicago and maybe GB too.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't see how this year is going to be any different than every other year the past few years.
Our division record to this point is the difference to me. We can still stumble into the playoffs even being tied with Philly at the end.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Okay. What if Dallas beats Chicago, how many will jump back on the wagon?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I wouldn't, because they won 3 in a row in December last year and after the Steelers game a lot of people said the team was different.....and they were wrong.

So even if they beat Chicago, you know what I say?

WAS

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wouldn't, because they won 3 in a row in December last year and after the Steelers game a lot of people said the team was different.....and they were wrong.

So even if they beat Chicago, you know what I say?
WAS
Sure do but don't tell Iamtdg

Genghis Khan

Our division record to this point is the difference to me. We can still stumble into the playoffs even being tied with Philly at the end.
Feh. That only gives us an advantage. I could easily see us finish out 2-2 and the Eagles finish out 3-1. Which would give the Eagles the division.

Genghis Khan

Btw, I'm not sure how the other tie breakers work out, but if we lose to the Redskins and Eagles, we tie head to head and both us and the Eagles would be 4-2 in division. I'm not sure but I don't think we are guaranteed to win the tie breaker in every scenario. Us losing the final two games is very plausible.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It will take more than one game for me to have any faith in this team.

Lotuseater

Banned
Feh. That only gives us an advantage. I could easily see us finish out 2-2 and the Eagles finish out 3-1. Which would give the Eagles the division.
The eagles will not go 3-1. That's simple.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think anybody here isn't a fan whether they want to admit it or not. Myself included. Otherwise why waste your time being upset or taking time to post on a message board.

Lotuseater

Banned
To be fair, my expectaions for Dallas doesn't change if they play someone like the rams or the seahawks anymore. They can be dominant or decimated on any given week, against any given team.

Genghis Khan

The eagles will not go 3-1. That's simple.
Maybe not. But a) they play Detroit/Minnesota/Chicago/Dallas so 3-1 is certainly possible, and b)my statement is equally true if we go 1-3 and they go 2-2, and c) even if we tie, as I said above there may be a scenario where we tie and they win the tiebreaker.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe not. But a) they play Detroit/Minnesota/Chicago/Dallas so 3-1 is certainly possible, and b)my statement is equally true if we go 1-3 and they go 2-2, and c) even if we tie, as I said above there may be a scenario where we tie and they win the tiebreaker.
Yeah, I think we beat the Redskins though, which resolves any tiebreaker in our favor. We have a pretty good record against losing teams and I think the Skins are ready to quit.

Genghis Khan

To be fair, my expectaions for Dallas doesn't change if they play someone like the rams or the seahawks anymore. They can be dominant or decimated on any given week, against any given team.
When have they been dominant against a good team? 2009?

Top Bottom