Divisional Weekend Chatter Thread 2019

data

Forbes #1
Nah. They want Mahomes to be in the Superbowl. That team is super fun to watch and Mohomes in a total star. That team will be in it for a long time I suspect.
Winning the AFCC, yes. For the Super Bowl champs, no.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
As much as I'd love to see Tennessee in the SB, I just don't see it. Thinking San Fran and KC

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
As much as I'd love to see Tennessee in the SB, I just don't see it. Thinking San Fran and KC
Yea KC is just too explosive, they'll take the Titans

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The helmet has to cross the line to gain and stuff.
It would be nice if the refs would at least try and hide their bias

Sheik

DCC 4Life
It would be nice if the refs would at least try and hide their bias
I don’t really think it’s bias, I just think the refs take replay as a slight against them
and absolutely will not change a call unless it’s painfully obvious.

Now, a play like the one we’re talking about, any idiot can look at that and say he was about a half yard short or so, even if I can’t see the ball, I know where his arms are and I know where the line to gain is, and unless that ball ball is green and gold, it didn’t reach the line to gain. No matter the angle you look at it.

data

Forbes #1
:lol

:lol

Well he’s human, can’t say I don’t blame him. But on the other Hand, could Jason Garrett and Bill O’Brien not be anymore alike as far as coaching? They are like identical in their coaching careers. We finally got rid of Garrett though but they have to put up with O’Brien for quite a bit longer. More mediocrity for them.

Bill O’Brien 6 yrs
52-44 season record .542 win pct
2-3 playoff record
Cant advance past divisional round

Jason Garrett 10 yrs
85-67 season record. .559 win pct
2-3 playoff record

Texans are in the same rut. But this is also another reminder of what we had or DIDN‘T have with Garrett seeing that all the teams in these last NFC and AFC Championship games were 2nd or 3rd year coaches except for Andy Reid. Pisses me off to know how much time was wasted with that moron.

Last edited:

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Bill O’Brien 6 yrs
52-44 season record .542 win pct
2-3 playoff record

Jason Garrett 10 yrs
85-67 season record. .559 win pct
2-3 playoff record

Texans are in the same rut. But this is also another reminder of what we had or DIDN‘T have with Garrett seeing that all the teams in these last NFC and AFC Championship games were 2nd or 3rd year coaches except for Andy Reid. Pisses me off to know how much time was wasted with that moron.
You know for all the shit Dallas gets, I saw Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson and Wilson all running plays where they just ran around in the pocket for as long as they could avoiding rushers and trying to get something open deep. Saw a lot of sacks, a lot hits on the QBs, a lot of missed passes under duress, a lot of throw-aways. There were a few big plays as well but most of those were on unpressured rollouts (mostly by Mahomes). Made me appreciate our offense. Dak runs actual plays, reads the defenses and delivers the ball. A lot more efficient and effective. Besides, the fucking refs would just calls holding all of the place if we tried that shit. Fuck if we could have had good special teams and coaching, don't see how we wouldn't have at least made it to the NFC game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You know for all the shit Dallas gets, I saw Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson and Wilson all running plays where they just ran around in the pocket for as long as they could avoiding rushers and trying to get something open deep. Saw a lot of sacks, a lot hits on the QBs, a lot of missed passes under duress, a lot of throw-aways. There were a few big plays as well but most of those were on unpressured rollouts (mostly by Mahomes). Made me appreciate our offense. Dak runs actual plays, reads the defenses and delivers the ball. A lot more efficient and effective. Besides, the fucking refs would just calls holding all of the place if we tried that shit. Fuck if we could have had good special teams and coaching, don't see how we wouldn't have at least made it to the NFC game.
Playoff caliber pressure makes a major difference. Every offense is affected by it.

Something the Texans mostly forgot btw. Mahomes had too much time or easy scramble lanes for the most part.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Playoff caliber pressure makes a major difference. Every offense is affected by it.

Something the Texans mostly forgot btw. Mahomes had too much time or easy scramble lanes for the most part.
In addition Mahomes is in a structured system so he knows what the receivers do when he has to scramble unlike The Watson’s and Jackson’s who just try to survive and can’t locate or set up because the receivers are also doing ad lib scrambling so there is little chance of connecting. Their offense loses structure when the QB is pressured. This is how K.C. and Tennessee took out the Texans and Ravens. They pressured the QBs that was their strengths and created chaos when there was no one who could extend the play.

The interesting game plan will be how the Titans defense reacts when they disrupt a play but the continuing structure allows the. QB to still function. That will be the difference in the Ravens and KC.

data

Forbes #1
I think I figured out why the Packers disgust me more than the 49ers.

At least with the 49ers, I see a team that's legitimately winning, putting pressure on the QB and offense making clutch 1st downs. With the Packers, I see benefit-of-the-doubt spots, no-holding calls, Rodgers getting ticky tack PI calls. Moreover, Packers fans are more nauseating because of their self-righteousness...they're the real America's Team, they claim disadvantage with being a small-market team -- no fuckers -- the NFL has a hard salary cap so it doesn't matter if you're small/big market.

Fuck 'em

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think I figured out why the Packers disgust me more than the 49ers.

At least with the 49ers, I see a team that's legitimately winning, putting pressure on the QB and offense making clutch 1st downs. With the Packers, I see benefit-of-the-doubt spots, no-holding calls, Rodgers getting ticky tack PI calls. Moreover, Packers fans are more nauseating because of their self-righteousness...they're the real America's Team, they claim disadvantage with being a small-market team -- no fuckers -- the NFL has a hard salary cap so it doesn't matter if you're small/big market. With 49ers fans, it's moreso because they have ties to California.

Fuck 'em
Packers have a sound proven QB. 49ers QB is okay but I don’t think he can really deliver under a crunch situation. I would lean toward the Pack if I was betting money.

data

Forbes #1
Packers have a sound proven QB. 49ers QB is okay but I don’t think he can really deliver under a crunch situation. I would lean toward the Pack if I was betting money.
Won’t be a blowout like it was SNF earlier this year.

While a Rodgers is an all-timer, I think you underestimate Garapolo. 49ers have played some tough, tight games this year - Saints, Seahawks twice.

Top Bottom