Divisional Weekend Chatter Thread 2019

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I still remember the Matt Flynn game.
There were just so so so many awful losses.

Large leads blown, certain victories turned into inexplicable losses, never-before-seen situations, etc.

That era is what turned me into the apathetic person that came to hate football.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
KC has absolutely no rush. What the hell?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just as quickly as the Chiefs fell apart at the start they bounced back even quicker. One would think a Hollywood screen writer laid out the game plan. It almost the Rocky of football.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Texans trying to "one up" the Oilers from the 93' AFCC? This is a signature collapse of mind blowing proportions

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It is uncanny how much this game resembles the Oilers choke from 93.

No matter what they did, they couldn't stop the bleeding and that is exactly what is happening to the Texans now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They don't look like they want to be there right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A Bell Dozer play would have been awesome there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Amazing how Hochuli's kid looks just like him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How is it possible for a city to get two completely different football teams but yet have them both be so similar in how they play and the results they produce? Both franchises had/have a propensity for losing in the most gut-wrenching and shocking ways. The Oilers blew a 35-3 in 1993 and 27 years later, the Texans blow a 24-0 lead.

Houston football is cursed.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
There were just so so so many awful losses.

Large leads blown, certain victories turned into inexplicable losses, never-before-seen situations, etc.

That era is what turned me into the apathetic person that came to hate football.
It's unreal that we allowed that to continue for just about 10 years.

It's like Sturm said. When we blew that big lead to Flynn, that was a game we needed and basically blew our postseason chances. That alone was a fireable offense. That was 6 years ago.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think a TD here from the Chiefs puts this away.

The Texans look finished and I don't think they'd be able to come back from 17 after all that's happened to them, but then again I didn't think the Chiefs would be where they are now, so what the hell do I know?

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
KC is loose, flying around, and having fun. Texans look scared out of their minds.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There is absolutely no structure to the Houston offense. It looks like a dog chasing rabbits. They can’t possibly get back in the game with the quarterback playing sandlot football.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I think a TD here from the Chiefs puts this away.

The Texans look finished and I don't think they'd be able to come back from 17 after all that's happened to them, but then again I didn't think the Chiefs would be where they are now, so what the hell do I know?
It's gonna take a pick 6 or something very similar. Otherwise the Texans are done.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There is absolutely no structure to the Houston offense. It looks like a dog chasing rabbits. They can’t possibly get back in the game with the quarterback playing sandlot football.
Like I said, the similarities between Bill O'Brien's Texans and Jason Garrett's Cowboys are many.

Top Bottom