Divisional Round Chatter Thread | 01-13-2017-01-14-2018

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sure, Jaylon wasn't very good for about half the season. But the second half he actually looked really good. There is lots of reason to be optimistic about what we will get from him going forward.
Don't listen to him. He is in his normal pissy ass mood.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He looked "good" because they limited his snaps. He was not even a full time player.
I'd say it's more likely that he got comfortable playing on a surgically repaired knee with foot drop that wasn't even 100% to start the season. But I guess spin it how you want. You know you have to try really hard to be negative on this one.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
He looked "good" because they limited his snaps. He was not even a full time player.
Well we're either going to resign Hitchens or draft a MLB high this offseason so I guess that tells you all you need to know about how much faith we have in the Sean Lee/Jaylon Smith dream pairing.

That being said, I dearly hope Jaylon continues to improve and becomes what we hope. I actually would love to see Lee have to make fewer tackles. Will extend his career. We'll see.

Cotton

Staff member
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] just post a pic of a bonafide PAWG and you'll be all good with Booze
Will this do, or should I google around and get an album going?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well we're either going to resign Hitchens or draft a MLB high this offseason so I guess that tells you all you need to know about how much faith we have in the Sean Lee/Jaylon Smith dream pairing.

That being said, I dearly hope Jaylon continues to improve and becomes what we hope. I actually would love to see Lee have to make fewer tackles. Will extend his career. We'll see.
Fuck Hitchens. But watch us buy into the bullshit and think Smith is good enough to depend on.

The dude's issues were not all physical. He had some serious issues just diagnosing plays.

I wish it were just as simple to say he needs to get healthy. I don't think he is a very bright football player honestly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Does that have to do with Jaylon though or does it have to do with the fact that Sean Lee is 31 years old and injury prone. I mean shit, you still play 3 LBers in the NFL sometimes still. I'd say most NFL teams want to have 3 good LBers.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'd say it's more likely that he got comfortable playing on a surgically repaired knee with foot drop that wasn't even 100% to start the season. But I guess spin it how you want. You know you have to try really hard to be negative on this one.
Doesn't sound like he's even gonna have the nerve tested again. Although I don't know that it even helps. He can check how much strength and sensation he has himself and see if he's still improving. I think he's doing that and he's not going to share it with us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

I love how Fouts just assumed it was on Jacksonville but the Steelers actually got a flag. GASP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty sad when Blake Bortles uses his mobility better than Dak Prescott does.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Damn, I love this Jags team. Sort of an AFC version of the Vikes but with a better RB. Nothing fancy, just tough with a great defense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fuck Hitchens. But watch us buy into the bullshit and think Smith is good enough to depend on.
Hitchens is like the perfect third LBer. He can play every LBer position. So we should want him back. I just hope some other NFL team doesn't offer to pay him to be something that he is not.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think he's doing that and he's not going to share it with us.
"Share it with us"?

I guess we need to be part of his "journey" and cheer him on as he battles through this?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hitchens is like the perfect third LBer. He can play every LBer position. So we should want him back. I just hope some other NFL team doesn't offer to pay him to be something that he is not.
I am not paying him top shelf starter money to be what is essentially a super reserve.

I give him the Terrence Williams treatment. Go on and find something, come back and we'll talk.

Cotton

Staff member

The dude's issues were not all physical. He had some serious issues just diagnosing plays.

I wish it were just as simple to say he needs to get healthy. I don't think he is a very bright football player honestly.
Hitchens had a damn good year. Matter of fact, I hope we Hitch our wagon to him.

Top Bottom