Diet/Fitness Thread

Newt

DCC 4Life
Man these protein shakes are amazing..... said no one ever!

Carp

DCC 4Life
Man these protein shakes are amazing..... said no one ever!
It is amazing what tastes good after you change your diet. A good apple or an orange right now is flatout gold.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It is amazing what tastes good after you change your diet. A good apple or an orange right now is flatout gold.
:lol

Indeed.

When I cleaned up my diet a few months back following my high cholesterol numbers, I actually started looking forward to eating a steamed veggie mix that consisted of broccoli, carrots, and celery. I'd be so damned hungry by the time 5 pm rolled around that I really didn't care what I ate.

A month before that, I would have rather not eaten than to stomach said vegetable mix.

D

Deuce

:lol

Indeed.

When I cleaned up my diet a few months back following my high cholesterol numbers, I actually started looking forward to eating a steamed veggie mix that consisted of broccoli, carrots, and celery. I'd be so damned hungry by the time 5 pm rolled around that I really didn't care what I ate.

A month before that, I would have rather not eaten than to stomach said vegetable mix.
I agree things just generally taste better, but broccoli and cauliflower aren't one of them. I still can't eat them consistently.

I do enjoy things like spaghetti squash much more now, though.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I agree things just generally taste better, but broccoli and cauliflower aren't one of them. I still can't eat them consistently.

I do enjoy things like spaghetti squash much more now, though.
Broccoli can sometimes taste a little better, but you're right.....what you see is kind of what you get.

Here's a tip - steam it yourself with carrots, celery, cauliflower, etc. and you'll find that they all taste a bit better mixed in with one another.

Oh, and don't get those bags with the mix or whatever, get the individual vegetables yourself and mix them together fresh.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I'll tell you what, I love those little oranges, the cuties. I could eat 3 or 4 of those at a time.

And broccoli, roasted with some Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese, good stuff.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'll tell you what, I love those little oranges, the cuties. I could eat 3 or 4 of those at a time.

And broccoli, roasted with some Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese, good stuff.
Cuties are good...I don't know why, but I don't think I ever had a Honey Crisp apple before. Maybe because they are like twice as much as red delicious, but those things are the bomb.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Cuties are good...I don't know why, but I don't think I ever had a Honey Crisp apple before. Maybe because they are like twice as much as red delicious, but those things are the bomb.
I saw those the other day and couldn't make myself spend the extra money for them. Maybe I'll go grab a few and try them out. Today wasn't to bad, I had a pretty good salad, with a couple boiled eggs, and then these protein shakes. Its just a lot different than what I'm use to eating. I'm also thinking I'm gonna have to get away from the other people that work in my office when we eat lunch. I just hate watching people eat Whataburger and I'm sitting here with an apple.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I saw those the other day and couldn't make myself spend the extra money for them. Maybe I'll go grab a few and try them out. Today wasn't to bad, I had a pretty good salad, with a couple boiled eggs, and then these protein shakes. Its just a lot different than what I'm use to eating. I'm also thinking I'm gonna have to get away from the other people that work in my office when we eat lunch. I just hate watching people eat Whataburger and I'm sitting here with an apple.
I'm interstested in how things go for you. I've got a friend who needs to do something. I'm getting pretty concerned for him. Im trying to figure out how I can suggest surgery to him. He's told me before that he's really true and failed. I'm guessing he's 6' and close to 400lbs.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I recently put myself on a diet where I only eat one day a week and fast the other 6 days. This way I only average about 600-750 calories a day (I drink juice to keep my blood sugar from getting too low and keep from getting vitamin deficiencies). I'll let you know how it works out.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I recently put myself on a diet where I only eat one day a week and fast the other 6 days. This way I only average about 600-750 calories a day (I drink juice to keep my blood sugar from getting too low and keep from getting vitamin deficiencies). I'll let you know how it works out.
Not sure if serious.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not sure how healthy that is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Did you reserve a hospital room?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It'd be healthier to eat that many calories per day but even that isn't healthy and is too drastic. You'd lose weight very quickly if you just cut your daily intake down to about 1000-1200 calories a day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It'd be healthier to eat that many calories per day but even that isn't healthy and is too drastic. You'd lose weight very quickly if you just cut your daily intake down to about 1000-1200 calories a day.
Yeah at 1200 calories you can drop weight pretty quickly even if what you are eating isn't the healthiest in the world. Well assuming you aren't 5'6" 115lbs to start.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I may moderate my plan once I've seen some results. Today's the end of my first full week.

In my view, there's no difference between this and having gastric surgery, I'm just not paying a couple of grand to have someone carve up my guts first.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That isn't necessary, Clay.

Eat everyday and multiple times a day at that, but limit your intake to 1000-1200 calories a day and get off your ass. All if you can do is walk, then walk. But if you can do the elliptical, stairs, light weight training, then do those.

The weight will come flying off and you'll have done so in a healthy way instead of trying to trick your body in an unhealthy manner.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
I wouldn't do that for more than the first week, and that's pushing it. It might work to shock your system, but you don't want to starve yourself long term like that. It is really bad for you. 1200 calories a day is really the best goal.

Top Bottom