DCC Appreciation Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You only drink sweet tea?

Wait, you are from east Texas, right? That makes sense because it's more of a Southern thing.

I don't even drink tea, but everyone I know drinks non-sweet tea. Most restaurants used to not even ask around here until 10 or so years ago.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
The concept of sweet tea as opposed to sweetened or unsweetened is odd to me.
what is the difference between sweet tea and sweetened tea? Unless you are referring to high fructose corn syrup.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
what is the difference between sweet tea and sweetened tea? Unless you are referring to high fructose corn syrup.
Iced Tea is generally served unsweetened by yankees, then some add sugar or sweetener.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You only drink sweet tea?

Wait, you are from east Texas, right? That makes sense because it's more of a Southern thing.

I don't even drink tea, but everyone I know drinks non-sweet tea. Most restaurants used to not even ask around here until 10 or so years ago.
Yes, I only drink sweet tea. My dad drinks unsweet and my uncle drank unsweet. But, my momma made the sweetest sweet tea on the planet and it was glorious.

Cotton

Staff member
Sweet tea and sweetened tea are two totally different things.
Wait, what? If they both have sugar in them then they are both sweet tea. Unless you're talking about half and half (as the bougie crowd likes to call it)

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Wait, what? If they both have sugar in them then they are both sweet tea. Unless you're talking about half and half (as the bougie crowd likes to call it)
Nope. They are different. Sweet tea is made with sugar added during the process of making it, no? Sweetened tea is just brewed tea with sugar added after it is already done.

When a fluid is hot, it can have more salt or sugar dissolved into it without it falling out. (Science, bitches) That's why actual sweet tea is sweeter than brewed tea that has sugar added to it afterwards. Most restaurants outside of the deep south will only serve sweetened tea. Which is in fact, unsweetened tea that you add sugar to at the table.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Sweet tea is made with sugar added during the process of making it, no?
No, we brew the tea and then add sugar. Not in singular cups, but the pitcher itself.

Top Bottom