DCC Appreciation Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Whoa. So sad.

The driver of the freighter must be held accountable.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The driver of the freighter must be held accountable.
I will wait for all the evidence to come out but it sure looks like it was on purpose.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will wait for all the evidence to come out but it sure looks like it was on purpose.
Could be on purpose, could be a malfunction, could be the guy fell asleep or had a medical emergency. Feels like there should be better safe guards on this. I mean what prevents a terrorist from doing something like this? Or a crazy person?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Could be on purpose, could be a malfunction, could be the guy fell asleep or had a medical emergency. Feels like there should be better safe guards on this. I mean what prevents a terrorist from doing something like this? Or a crazy person?
Nothing really.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The way all the lights went out on the ship a few moments before impact, makes me lean in the direction that it was intentional rather than someone falling asleep or having a medical emergency. It looked like it was steered directly into one of the bridge columns. What are the odds they lose power the exact moment they're near the bridge and squarely hit one of the bridge's support columns? :shrug

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The way all the lights went out on the ship a few moments before impact, makes me lean in the direction that it was intentional rather than someone falling asleep or having a medical emergency. It looked like it was steered directly into one of the bridge columns. What are the odds they lose power the exact moment they're near the bridge and squarely hit one of the bridge's support columns? :shrug
The lights are weird but they go off, on, and ofg again. The steering of the ship looks sketchy to me though.

Cotton

Staff member
Like I said, I will wait for the facts to come out before making a determination on my own, but damn, it looks fishy.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm leaning towards intentional. That last video shows it turning toward the bridge. From the first video it looked like the ship was head straight for it which would lead you to believe that something went wrong, but with it actually turning towards it makes it seem like it was on purpose.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hadn't thought about a cyber attack but ships that size are probably highly reliant on auto pilot. Hacking something could make the lights do that shit too.
I doubt it was a cyberattack as much as power failure, but it does serve as an example that it could happen.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
When a ship loses power, it is completely at the whim of the current.

Believe it or not, ships that size or very susceptible to wind and currents. I've been on aircraft carriers that have gone dead in the water for whatever reason, (no where near to shore, thankfully) and it's incredible the power of water/the sea.

When we used to anchor out overseas, we would have a guy on watch on the brow to monitor how many times the ship would be rotated around anchorage by water that seemed like it was smooth as glass.

Top Bottom