DCC Appreciation Thread...

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Loved Hulk as a kid. Favorite comic by far.

data

Forbes #1
Aren't you the keeper of board lore? I thought you might have some insight into the origins of "your on ignore."
In all seriousness, I think this was brought over from the zone, even before DCC was formed. Posters childishly proclaiming 'your on ignore' sounds like the other place.

Although now that I think about it, wasn't there a wackadoodle poster like bleedsblue that would throw this out here? Maybe it is a DCC exclusive

• Props
Reactions: p1_

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So Cotton referenced a 10 year old series of posts? Fuck me.
No.

It has been a running board joke for probably even longer than that. The "your on ignore" was said by some rando that was throwing a tantrum while arguing with somebody over some long forgotten point. When the misspelling was pointed out to them, instead of just rolling with it, the tantrum grew. So of course, more and more people joined in poking fun. Which lead to this person (can't remember who it was, just some part timer) quitting the board in a huff.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
In all seriousness, I think this was brought over from the zone, even before DCC was formed. Posters childishly proclaiming 'your on ignore' sounds like the other place.

Although now that I think about it, wasn't there a wackadoodle poster like bleedsblue that would throw this out here? Maybe it is a DCC exclusive

It is a dcc exclusive I believe.

Genghis Khan

So Cotton referenced a 10 year old series of posts? Fuck me.

No, do a quick search on the phrase and you'll find like 3 pages of references to it over the years, including several from this year. It's a long time ongoing reference.

• Props

Genghis Khan

Found it. Like an archeological dig, I sifted through layers and layers to uncover a 2014 post from that fossil boberts to solve this mystery. That sumbitch still has something to say after all these years of disappearance.

Iceberg is the poster.

I don't even remember that guy. :lol Good work.

• Props
Top Bottom