DCC Appreciation Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Reminds me of Wog Day in the South China Sea in December 2001.
It reminds me of when we were on a cruise and passed within a mile of the eye of Hurricane Michael in 2018. But, we weren't outside when we passed it, but I damn sure got rolled out of my bed.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
It reminds me of when we were on a cruise and passed within a mile of the eye of Hurricane Michael in 2018. But, we weren't outside when we passed it, but I damn sure got rolled out of my bed.
Yeah, even on big vessels like that they create a lot of movement. Lots of folks who never got seasick will get it during shit like that.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, even on big vessels like that they create a lot of movement. Lots of folks who never got seasick will get it during shit like that.
I had wobbly legs and an uneasy stomach to be sure.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I had wobbly legs and an uneasy stomach to be sure.
Yeah, I have seen one guy on another rig I was on that had to get medivacced off because he couldn't even sit up in his bed without violently hurling and would stop breathing. Coast Guard came and got him off. I have been very lucky in that I have never gotten seasick, but it's really just luck of the draw. I know some guys that have been ou there for over 30 years and get seasick easily.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I have seen one guy on another rig I was on that had to get medivacced off because he couldn't even sit up in his bed without violently hurling and would stop breathing. Coast Guard came and got him off. I have been very lucky in that I have never gotten seasick, but it's really just luck of the draw. I know some guys that have been ou there for over 30 years and get seasick easily.
It was a really shitty feeling for sure.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, folks make the mistake of booking a late August/Early September Caribbean cruise... once.

The lower prices/discounts are tempting, and then you're spending the last half of it outracing a hurricane and trying to sleep through the grinding of the ship as it responds to choppy waves and not hurl.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom