DC.Com - Brandon Carr Released

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Updates: Carr's Release Among Roster Moves
Oct 06, 2020 at 02:11 PM

by Nick Eatman, Rob Phillips & David Helman

Don't miss any of the action with our daily updates: news, notes and more throughout the Cowboys' regular season. Presented by Sleep Number
Oct. 6 Updates

1:47 p.m. – The Cowboys continued to make roster tweaks Tuesday, releasing backup defensive back Brandon Carr and offensive tackle Alex Light.

The club also signed offensive tackle Greg Senat to the active roster off the Browns' practice squad and added offensive tackle William Sweet to the practice squad.

Carr, a 12-year veteran, was signed to the practice squad after final cuts and later signed to the active roster, but he only played 21 snaps in the first four games despite the Cowboys' injuries in the secondary.
The club is currently at 51 players on the 53-man roster but could be hoping to get injured cornerback Anthony Brown (ribs) back soon. Brown was placed on Reserve/Injured on Sept. 19, the day before the Week 2 game against Atlanta. Players must spend a minimum of three weeks on IR before being eligible to return.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So Carr wasn't the answer at Safety?

I'm shocked.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
WTF is going on right now?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I am shocked that with a defense this bad, his snap count was ridiculously low.
So it goes back to the same question we were asking about Clinton-Dix -- they either were playing at a high school level to not make it this group of poor players or it's a terrible misevaluation from the staff.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
What's wrong with signing Earl and releasing him if he misbehaves? We're being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know Earl wouldn't change this defense from shit to good. But seriously if the guy makes one splash play here or there it would make the difference in these games. One tackle of OJB or one pass breakup that prevents a TD. And that late lead against Seattle holds up. Or the Browns are stopped and we are in great position to win.

We won't sign Earl so I should remove it from my mind but this defense seriously just needs to make a handful of plays and these would be wins even with overall shit defensive play.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What's wrong with signing Earl and releasing him if he misbehaves? We're being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn.
They seem to think they have this unified locker room that can't deal with someone showing up and holding each other accountable.

Sorry, that is exactly what this team needs. A fresh set of eyes to go, you know what, you fucking blew it.

I see no leaders on the defensive side of the ball. Have not had that since forever.

On offense, yeah. But there has to be a defensive spearhead. Who has been that guy?

Can you name one since maybe Woodson? Maybe Ware but he was the quiet type.

As much as we like to pretend there are these "functional" locker rooms that exist, they only exist because of how the front office mandates it.

If you left it up to the players to run the show...yeah.

I am of the Parcells view. In general, players don't know what is good for them at the time.

Then you suddenly see them appreciate things after success.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Keith Brooking?

Considering how bad we are, Thomas might be saying "fuck it" at this point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They seem to think they have this unified locker room that can't deal with someone showing up and holding each other accountable.

Sorry, that is exactly what this team needs. A fresh set of eyes to go, you know what, you fucking blew it.

I see no leaders on the defensive side of the ball. Have not had that since forever.

On offense, yeah. But there has to be a defensive spearhead. Who has been that guy?

As much as we like to pretend there are these "functional" locker rooms that exist, they only exist because of how the front office mandates it.

If you left it up to the players to run the show...yeah.

I am of the Parcells view. In general, players don't know what is good for them at the time.

Then you suddenly see them appreciate things after success.
Bringing in an outside dude of that caliber would serve notice to the players on the roster that they are all replacable of they suck. Might actually light a fire under theor asses. Honestly it can't get any worse. It's already all time bad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bringing in an outside dude of that caliber would serve notice to the players on the roster that they are all replacable of they suck. Might actually light a fire under theor asses. Honestly it can't get any worse. It's already all time bad.
To just not do it with a reasonably proven talent out there is just plain stubborn.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

And that's what I liked about the Bennett addition last year.

They desperately need someone like that now.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I am shocked that with a defense this bad, his snap count was ridiculously low.
Apparently, so was Carr, to the point that he 'had words' with the coaching staff, contributing to his release. That's what Mike Fisher is reporting anyway.

It seems out of character for a guy like Carr, but given how bad this defense is, who knows? There's talk that thanks to new rules, a vet like Carr doesn't pass thru waivers, so they could put him back on the practice squad I feel they wanted to. If they don't, I might give Fisher's report some validity.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't give a fuck if Earl Thomas punches every single last defensive player on the roster in the face in the middle of a game, in fact it might even make me want to sign him more.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
This team is so mismanaged. We are almost dead last in spending on the defensive side of the ball. You cant run a franchise when your owner is always looking to get the best deal or something for nothing. Earl is a headache but he's a talent. Sign the man and bring some real talent to this team.

Top Bottom