Cowlishaw: The Heat Is On

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't know about the "real fan" bullshit. We're all real fans or we wouldn't obsess over this year nearly this much. But I don't really get rooting against your team when we still have a shot at the playoffs. At our best, this team can beat anyone. If we could get all our best players on the field, we are a totally different team then we've seen the last three weeks. So while we still have a shot at the playoffs and a chance to do some damage - no matter how small - I'm gonna root for my team to win. 10-6 is still possible so I'm rooting for us to win. Once we're officially eliminated from playoff contention, I'll just root for us to get guys like Brown, Switzer and Zeus on the field to find out about them.
Win out? We cant even win 1 much less 5. I guess Garrett will get these guys going after 3 games of doing nothing.

data

Forbes #1
I wasn’t quantifying fandom. I just cannot reconcile how a fan can hope for their team to lose. It just doesn’t fit into my comprehension.
I compare it to a father's relationship with his daughter. Daughter is dating the absolute wrong person right now (drug use, unemployed, etc). He's gone deeper and deeper into bad elements over the years. You've hoped, wished and supported the boyfriend turns his life around for years while watching this all torment your daughter.

She's been loyal, but you're daughter's now at the point where one more f-up by the boyfriend and she's kicking him to the curb. That breakup will be painful, but better for the long-term.

Let the rest of this season be that one relapse.

data

Forbes #1
A true fan is easily defined as +15 posts in the Gameday Chatter thread.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I compare it to a father's relationship with his daughter. Daughter is dating the absolute wrong person right now (drug use, unemployed, etc). He's gone deeper and deeper into bad elements over the years. You've hoped, wished and supported the boyfriend turns his life around for years while watching this all torment your daughter.

She's been loyal, but you're daughter's now at the point where one more f-up by the boyfriend and she's kicking him to the curb. That breakup will be painful, but better for the long-term.

Now, THIS is a great analogy.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Shit I'm planting drugs and calling in favors from cops I know! How does that apply to Garrett?

midswat

... soon
Just as I wouldn’t wish for a friend have a tragedy to learn a lesson in life I won’t wish for the Cowboys to lose a game. Call me old fashioned and confused.
I wouldn’t pick against the cowboys even with a gun to my head.

data

Forbes #1
I wouldn’t pick against the cowboys even with a gun to my head.
If your fantasy football team has any non-Cowboys player, you're a fake fan.

I'm 0-11 and on pace to wear the pink tutu to work, but it's gonna say 'true fan' on my ass.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I can’t sort out which is the team in this example, the daughter or the boyfriend.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your fantasy football team has any non-Cowboys player, you're a fake fan.

I'm 0-11 and on pace to wear the pink tutu to work, but it's gonna say 'true fan' on my ass.
I have Zeke and Dak my fantasy team was great until about 3 weeks ago...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Anyone on this board might die crossing the street tomorrow.

If you went out cheering against the Cowboys, you played yourself.

Bottom line I can’t root against Dallas (or for Washington) because maybe Jerry might fire Garrett and maybe hire brilliant coaches to replace him.

shane

DCC 4Life

Bottom line I can’t root against Dallas (or for Washington) because maybe Jerry might fire Garrett and maybe hire brilliant coaches to replace him.
I wanted them to lose 40-0. This was the worst possible outcome.

Gonna rally the troops around Garrett at 8-8 or 9-7 and return with a new defensive coordinator next year now. Pathetic.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Tony Romo said:
If something in sports is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you've lived a pretty good life.
:art

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Gonna rally the troops around Garrett at 8-8 or 9-7 and return with a new defensive coordinator next year now. Pathetic.
:lol

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Yep, cosmetic changes only. Jerry will convince himself that injuries and suspensions sabotaged a SB season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Better to go 6-10 and return with a new defensive coordinator next year I guess.

People who think Garrett is getting replaced for losing without Zeke have no idea the level of Jerry forgiveness. Jerry will make Zeke the excuse and the suspension the reason for the loses and hold onto Garrett just like he did the season we didn't have Romo. So if you're rooting to lose so that Garrett gets ousted you're wasting your time and efforts and enduring the pain of embarrassment for no reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom