Cowboys Unlikely To Extend Ezekiel Elliott?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You know this. I know this. Everyone but LT knows this. And you know why?

One is a buckeye. The other a sooner.

There is your more than obvious answer.
The obvious answer is on the record books. Elliot has yet to achieve or establish he is superior. It’s done on the field of play. Maybe Elliot will get there but until he does it’s a personal preference.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good lord, man.
I've never seen a person cling to one season record so tightly. Even though that would make Murray somehow better than all time great Emmitt Smith. It's such a sad argument. And the truth is Murray was a really good RB here. But he wasn't Zeke.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Good lord, man.
Well give me something tangible to indicate Elliot is superior other than degrading Gif and exclamatory remarks. I have given what I think is a tangible landmark and a couched statement that he isn’t near accomplishing it to this point. If he doesn’t have some criteria for why you think he is superior then he is a personal preference.
I don’t think it is unreasonable to find a tangible

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well give me something tangible to indicate Elliot is superior other than degrading Gif and exclamatory remarks. I have given what I think is a tangible landmark and a couched statement that he isn’t near accomplishing it to this point. If he doesn’t have some criteria for why you think he is superior then he is a personal preference.
I submitted the comparison of their first 3 seasons as ample evidence.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well you have given a stat that hasnt been reached but you havent answered my question. If Zeke had 70 more carries dont you think he would have that record?

Why not then say Murray is better than Emmitt or any of the other top backs that haven't carried the ball for almost 400 for 1800 yards? Its a stat that doesn't hold much weight when compared to a guy that can take over the game on any carry.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The obvious answer is on the record books. Elliot has yet to achieve or establish he is superior. It’s done on the field of play. Maybe Elliot will get there but until he does it’s a personal preference.
Single season record holder or not, Murray isn’t even a top three Dallas Cowboy running back.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I submitted the comparison of their first 3 seasons as ample evidence.
Why omit the season that is the centerpiece for Murray’s greatest accomplishment with the Cowboys? That’s the landmark for what I contending that I am not sure Elliot can accomplish to date. Maybe some day he will then I will reconsider my current contention.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Single season record holder or not, Murray isn’t even a top three Dallas Cowboy running back.
It’s not a contest of who is the top running backs. It’s a contention of whether Elliot will ever accomplish what Murray did.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Okay, how about this...

Demarco Murray through 4 seasons with the Cowboys - 4526 yards

Ezekiel Elliott through 2 1/2 seasons - 4048 yards

Extrapolate that shit out and it puts Murray at 1131 yards per season and Zeke at 1619 yards per season.

That tangible enough for you?

data

Forbes #1
Danny White, with 3,980 passing yards in 1983, is second greatest Cowboys QB behind Romo.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It’s not a contest of who is the top running backs. It’s a contention of whether Elliot will ever accomplish what Murray did.
You said that Murray was the superior RB to Elliott. Now you’re trying to spin it to be he had a better single season. You said it. Own that shit. Now answe the question that was given to you some time back. By the same criteria you are using to judge Murray against Elliott, is Murray also superior to Emmitt? Or does that silly standard only work in this instance?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You said that Murray was the superior RB to Elliott. Now you’re trying to spin it to be he had a better single season. You said it. Own that shit. Now answe the question that was given to you some time back. By the same criteria you are using to judge Murray against Elliott, is Murray also superior to Emmitt? Or does that silly standard only work in this instance?
That's not correct, I never said Murray was superior to Elliot. What I said is I am not sure Elliot is superior to Murray since he has not accomplished something that Murray has. Lets get it right as to the correct dialogue.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Okay, how about this...

Demarco Murray through 4 seasons with the Cowboys - 4526 yards

Ezekiel Elliott through 2 1/2 seasons - 4048 yards

Extrapolate that shit out and it puts Murray at 1131 yards per season and Zeke at 1619 yards per season.

That tangible enough for you?
It doesn't address what has been accomplished by Murray in a single season. That is my contention from the start. There may be several players who could be considered as better or worse based on a myriad of stats but the position I have taken is that Elliot hasn't accomplished what Murray did in a season with the Cowboys and if and when he does then I will reconsider. I'm sorry if this gets everyone bent out of shape but everyone is jockeying around as if I have made a claim that says Murray is better but I haven't said that. I said I am not sure Elliot is better than Murray and I have based it on the single season record.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It doesn't address what has been accomplished by Murray in a single season. That is my contention from the start. There may be several players who could be considered as better or worse based on a myriad of stats but the position I have taken is that Elliot hasn't accomplished what Murray did in a season with the Cowboys and if and when he does then I will reconsider. I'm sorry if this gets everyone bent out of shape but everyone is jockeying around as if I have made a claim that says Murray is better but I haven't said that. I said I am not sure Elliot is better than Murray and I have based it on the single season record.
Jesus Christ, you said give something tangible that supports that Elliott is the superior back. I used stats just like you are trying to do and the stats came back undoubtedly in the corner of Elliott being the superior back and now you are backpedaling. The numbers don’t lie. And numbers over multiple seasons is a WAY better indicator of talent than just one single season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Jesus Christ, you said give something tangible that supports that Elliott is the superior back. I used stats just like you are trying to do and the stats came back undoubtedly in the corner of Elliott being the superior back and now you are backpedaling. The numbers don’t lie. And numbers over multiple seasons is a WAY better indicator of talent than just one single season.
Thanks for the info but what the numbers say is that in a 3 year averaging of Elliot stats and in 4year averaging of Murray the averaging in in Elliot’s favor but it cannot reconcile what the stats for Murray would have been had he been able to play in the same number of games in a like season but let me repeat,

I never set out to prove That Murray was the superior back of the two. What I stated from the start was that I am not convinced that Elliot could accomplish in a single season what Murray did and I wasn’t sure Elliot was superior. That’s my opinion and it’s what I stated from the start. Rather everyone is tryin to say I think Murray is superior and their response is to tell me they disagree with what I didn’t say in the first place. Why can’t folks just read and respond to what I said and not get in a fighting mode.

If some wants to think that Elliot is the better that’s fine your are entitled to an opinion. If someone wants to produce evidence as to why they think Elliot is superior that’s fine also but it’s a total different matter than telling me I am wrong about Murray being superior when I haven’t taken that position and then try to brow beat me with an argument that’s is aimed at showing me I am all wet.

Just allow me to think I am not certain Elliot could hold up under Murray’s record season and because of that I am not certain now that Elliot is superior. As previously stated if Elliot happens to accomplish this feat I will reconsider my position. I hope I have made myself clear.

Top Bottom