Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:ballerina

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

And they pull the complete fail and work out the wrong Boise State safety too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Laziest and cheapest. Front. Office. Ever.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is a camp body. Literally has no shot at making the roster. I've read about him. If he had come in at the beginning of training camp maybe he would have had a shot at surprising people. But with only 2 preseason games left, picking up an undrafted free agent is a total waste of time. All you're doing is getting a body for practice for a couple of weeks. It's a waste of a roster spot on a guy like this in my opinion. At least sign someone who you think has a shot at showing you something that could get him that fourth safety spot.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There is only one way to change that and we all know that aint happening.
I tried to fight that fight already. We have way too many idiots in our fanbase for that ever to work.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This just means who is cheap enough that we happen to know.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But with only 2 preseason games left, picking up an undrafted free agent is a total waste of time. All you're doing is getting a body for practice for a couple of weeks. It's a waste of a roster spot on a guy like this in my opinion. At least sign someone who you think has a shot at showing you something that could get him that fourth safety spot.
But if you sign someone, then you have a difficult decision to make when they are healthy and stuff.

It is much easier and CHEAPER to cross your fingers about an injury, get the cheap guy and hope that your guy springs right back to full health in the 3-4 week timetable you have assigned.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I tried to fight that fight already. We have way too many idiots in our fanbase for that ever to work.
It was a romantic notion, but there is not a single fan base in any sport where that would have worked.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But if you sign someone, then you have a difficult decision to make when they are healthy and stuff.

It is much easier and CHEAPER to cross your fingers about an injury, get the cheap guy and hope that your guy springs right back to full health in the 3-4 week timetable you have assigned.
And if we had someone worthy of our fourth safety spot that may make sense. Even a healthy Woods means we are paper thin at safety. We'd basically have 3 safeties and a fourth guy who probably doesn't belong in the NFL. Which is why signing a good safety isn't even a difficult decision. You still keep Woods, Heath and Frazier. Who by the way have all been dealing with health issues. You add a fourth and you can use all those guys during the regular season.

Instead now we will have to hold onto someone like Tyree Robinson because he knows the system as stuff. Even though he should be a practice squad guy.

Cotton

Staff member
So, they put Showers on IR. I'm seriously not sure what they see in this guy that they keep him around and move him from position to position to try to make a fit.

Cotton

Staff member
It was a romantic notion, but there is not a single fan base in any sport where that would have worked.
Maybe not, who knows.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, they put Showers on IR. I'm seriously not sure what they see in this guy that they keep him around and move him from position to position to try to make a fit.
Yeah I would have rather had another undrafted safety instead of him at the beginning of training camp. Shit I would have rather had this Sanders kid 4 months ago at safety over Showers. Showers just looks big and slow to me out there. And frankly always a second late to the play. No idea why they keep screwing around with him as a safety.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Showers has always had the rep since college of a team first, willing to do anything, just an all around good guy. I'm sure most of it is Garrett loved his attitude

Top Bottom