Cowboys Sign Keanu Neal

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I know, but I'm letting the optimism flow through me.
I'd settle for those packages where he's on the field less to, you know, actually be called in a game.

I'm not even optimistic enough for that. :ballpunch

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
What is it going to take to get a FS around here? I dont understand why they don't value them.
They don’t value the 1T position, either. We could literally be dead last in NFL history in rushing yards given up per game and they’d still do nothing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They don’t value the 1T position, either. We could literally be dead last in NFL history in rushing yards given up per game and they’d still do nothing.
There are a couple positions that Jerry and Sons think they can just fill with anyone. It's like run stuffing NT, any old fat dude works. FS, oh any decently athletic late round pick can do that.

And yet those are glaring holes year after year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm going to be a little more optimistic about filling those positions in the draft, because I do think a new head coach matters. If McCarthy says they need to get bigger on the DL, I think they'll at least try to.

Where I'll never become optimistic is Jerry's attachment to his pet/made players like Mr. Clear Eye View.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm going to be a little more optimistic about filling those positions in the draft, because I do think a new head coach matters. If McCarthy says they need to get bigger on the DL, I think they'll at least try to.

This was the perfect off-season to fix 1T (which by the way has been our #1 problem for years) because there were plenty high end guys available in FA at reasonable prices.

By contrast there doesn't appear to be a lot of high end DTs in the draft unfortunately, so of course our brilliant front office will choose that route.

Oh, and the illustrious Brent Urban of course.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This was the perfect off-season to fix 1T (which by the way has been our #1 problem for years) because there were plenty high end guys available in FA at reasonable prices.

By contrast there doesn't appear to be a lot of high end DTs in the draft unfortunately, so of course our brilliant front office will choose that route.

Oh, and the illustrious Brent Urban of course.
I like Urban in a rotation but he isn't a NT

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This probably means someone said something.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh, I know HOW it can happen. I'm just not convinced we will be used in that manner. Looks like Quinn did it to a certain degree in ATL, so maybe there is hope he can do it more often with Neal and Wilson both on the field.

p1_

DCC 4Life
why arent we considering Earl at this point, sniffing the dregs of FA and all? I bet he comes cheap.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
why arent we considering Earl at this point, sniffing the dregs of FA and all? I bet he comes cheap.
I don't think he will play in the league again. He's got something going on off the field. There is a reason why everyone shied away from him last year.

Top Bottom