Cowboys Round 1 (17) Selection - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He climbs the board every time they talk about it.
Like my brother's monster bass fish hanging on his wall. I'm not even sure it was double digits years ago, but now it's a 12 pounder.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The fact that they had him 6th overall tells me that whoever he was tied with at 4 were at positions of greater need.

If I had to guess the board looked like this:

1. Young
2. Burrow
3. Simmons
4. Okudah (because they're CB whores)
5. Brown
6. Lamb

Wouldn't be shocked if Tua was in there instead of Simmons or Brown but who knows how they looked at him medically.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The fact that they had him 6th overall tells me that whoever he was tied with at 4 were at positions of greater need.

If I had to guess the board looked like this:

1. Young
2. Burrow
3. Simmons
4. Okudah (because they're CB whores)
5. Brown
6. Lamb

Wouldn't be shocked if Tua was in there instead of Simmons or Brown but who knows how they looked at him medically.
I wonder if they have an official list of needs.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Eh, I think it would still be the best seller even with #10.

data

Forbes #1
Eh, I think it would still be the best seller even with #10.
I’ll say this much. Cowboys fans get called band wagoners, but this fan base is stronger during our longest drought than teams at their peak.

I say this counter-intuitively as a curse rather than a wholehearted compliment since I believe we’ve financially enabled GM Jerry to our detriment, but I’ve got to hand it to Cowboys fans —- they sure aren’t bandwagon.

At this point in our drought, I’d have hoped we’ve lost relevance and fell middle of pack revenue.

Back in CFR days @Iamtdg , if you told me 10 years later we still hadnt reached an NFCC yet were still NFLs top cash machine, I wouldn’t believe you.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They have stayed relevant, though. Those years I was hoping for a collapse to get rid of Garrett it never happened thanks to a crappy division. Look at all the years that 9 games would have won the division. So even the 8-8 years they were able to keep playoff interest to the end.

If they had a truly horrible stretch like the Skins have had, things would probably be different.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I’ll say this much. Cowboys fans get called band wagoners, but this fan base is stronger during our longest drought than teams at their peak.

I say this counter-intuitively as a curse rather than a wholehearted compliment since I believe we’ve financially enabled GM Jerry to our detriment, but I’ve got to hand it to Cowboys fans —- they sure aren’t bandwagon.

At this point in our drought, I’d have hoped we’ve lost relevance and fell middle of pack revenue.

Back in CFR days @Iamtdg , if you told me 10 years later we still hadnt reached an NFCC yet were still NFLs top cash machine, I wouldn’t believe you.
Cowboys fandom might reach ridiculous levels if they have another championship run amidst an extended stretch of playoff contention.

I've been a firm believer that probably won't happen with the Joneses in charge, but gawddammit this coaching staff is giving me a lot of reasons to hope.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Should have stuck with 10. F Jerry.
I get it. But Lamb was all beside himself being a Cowboy. I can see how he could be "talked" into it.

He does not strike me as an especially strong personality.

I would rather see him in 10. I honestly think 88 puts too much on the guy.

But it sells jerseys, so that is all that matters.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
10 would be cooler. I'm not that hung up on 88, frankly. Thought it fit Bryant, though

Top Bottom