Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

Spaulding

DCC 4Life
See?

Someone gets it!

This is a good times only thread.

Once upon a time it was great to be a Cowboys fan. And that's what this thread is about!
I did post that Jerry call from The Ticket so I am guilty too, but I got my mind right, boss. I won't back sass no more.

Here's an awesome coast to coast kick return by Alexander Wright.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I did post that Jerry call from The Ticket so I am guilty too, but I got my mind right, boss. I won't back sass no more.

Here's an awesome coast to coast kick return by Alexander Wright.

I was at that game!

We got really lucky in that from Alexander Wright to Kelvin Martin to Kevin Williams to Deion and Herschel Walker, we had damn good return men for the entirety of the 90s.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I know this isn't a moment from the glory days, but I'll be damned if this isn't a classic memory for everyone who witnessed it.

Gents, I present to you, THE DOOKIE STICK:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know this isn't a moment from the glory days, but I'll be damned if this isn't a classic memory for everyone who witnessed it.

Gents, I present to you, THE DOOKIE STICK:

I am still amazed at how Parcells took that team to the playoffs.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I am still amazed at how Parcells took that team to the playoffs.
I said it in this very thread, he should have won coach of the year for that season and it's one of the greatest coaching jobs I've ever seen.

That team was AWFUL.

Speaking of Parcells, while there were certainly a number of disappointments that we suffered while he was coach, I don't consider 2003 to 2006 a failure or black eye like I do the other 23 years between 96 to now.

The Parcells years were the only ones outside of the '90s where we actually felt like a legitimate football team again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I said it in this very thread, he should have won coach of the year for that season and it's one of the greatest coaching jobs I've ever seen.

That team was AWFUL.

Speaking of Parcells, while there were certainly a number of disappointments that we suffered while he was coach, I don't consider 2003 to 2006 a failure or black eye like I do the other 23 years between 96 to now.

The Parcells years were the only ones outside of the '90s where we actually felt like a legitimate football team again.
I wish we had that Parcells coaching this team.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I wish we had that Parcells coaching this team.
I wish he would have came back in 2007.

That team was truly special, all it needed was the right guidance.

Instead, the most talented Cowboys team of the last 27 years was handed to Wade Phillips.

Top Bottom