Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

data

Forbes #1
Be prepared to close yourself to the outside world for 50 min. Once started, hard to stop.

I’m ashamed to say I was underwhelmed by his tenure here. So spoiled back then. He’s walking on water compared to anyone, Revis Law and Ramsey included, since.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Be prepared to close yourself to the outside world for 50 min. Once started, hard to stop.

I’m ashamed to say I was underwhelmed by his tenure here. So spoiled back then. He’s walking on water compared to anyone, Revis Law and Ramsey included, since.

That INT against the Raiders was awesome. Bitch picked the ball off and called a TD.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That INT against the Raiders was awesome. Bitch picked the ball off and called a TD.
What a play that is.

I remember going crazy in the old man's living room when he made that interception.

It's amazing how he got his hands on the ball every time they tested him deep in that that game too.

Again, just a remarkable remarkable athlete.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Y’all think about this. Had Stephen been older at the time, we would never have signed Deion.
Fuck....I hadn't thought about that.

If young Stephen slammed the old man against the wall (something I still believe is greatly exaggerated, btw) what would old tightwad Stephen do?

Throw the old bastard in the lake with concrete shoes?

Spaulding

DCC 4Life
Addendum to my Emmitt post - had he not got injured in that game against Minny we would have seen the first and only (so far) 300 yard game in NFL history.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Addendum to my Emmitt post - had he not got injured in that game against Minny we would have seen the first and only (so far) 300 yard game in NFL history.
I dunno about 300. But we were rolling.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was convinced he was going for 300 before he broke his hand on that stiff arm. They couldn't stop him at all. Never seen anything like it in the first half at the NFL level.
I thought he was going to, too. I was at that game. It was the same game that Duane Clemons punched Flozell Adams in the nuts after a play. Right after a Jason Garrett INT. Aikman was hurt earlier in the game, along with Emmitt. Losing that game truly sucked. I was at the game with 6 Vikings fans in my family.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't know how much he ultimately would have ended up with but he definitely would have gone over 200 at least.

We were cursed that year.

Just one injury after the other.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Wow, I didn't remember that. Did they break Clemons' leg after that or at least get a good shot on his ribs?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wow, I didn't remember that. Did they break Clemons' leg after that or at least get a good shot on his ribs?
I have no idea. But Randall McDaniel was giving Clemons the stink eye on the bench.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't know how much he ultimately would have ended up with but he definitely would have gone over 200 at least.

We were cursed that year.

Just one injury after the other.
We also had Chan Gailey as our head coach. First the Cardinals whip our asses at home and the next year, this. So Jerry Jones fires him. His answer? Dave fuckin’ Campo.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I could rage for a few posts, but I was informed I can’t do that in this thread.
Hey, if you gluttons for punishment want to recall all of our failures of the last 27 years, by all means go make a Cowboys Dark Times thread.

Then you can post your favorite highlights of the Campo years, comment on how we passed on Randy Moss, and have a poll on which of the many epic chokes of the Romo/Garrett era was the worst.

But I will not stand for you bastards dirtying up the nostalgia thread!

It's called NOSTALGIA for a reason!

IMG3836953621432495739.gif

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hey, if you gluttons for punishment want to recall all of our failures of the last 27 years, by all means go make a Cowboys Dark Times thread.

Then you can post your favorite highlights of the Campo years, comment on how we passed on Randy Moss, and have a poll on which of the many epic chokes of the Romo/Garrett era was the worst.

But I will not stand for you bastards dirtying up the nostalgia thread!

It's called NOSTALGIA for a reason!

View attachment 692346
Moss was on Gailey, not The Poodle.

Top Bottom