Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
NFL Network is replaying the 1999 Cowboys-Redskins game right now. First half just ending.

data

Forbes #1
Unforgettable ballyhooing about passing up Randy Moss in the 98 draft; I’ll rekindle another draft overlook. I recall many were upset about 1996 passing up Tony Brackens, although moreso cuz he was a Longhorn.

While Brackens wasn’t the caliber of HOFer Moss, I wonder if he could’ve been enough to effect few more playoff wins from 96-2000.

Looking back, adding a 3rd rounder to move down 7 spots is pretty good value generally, but I recall Brackens being a notably higher rated prospect than Pittman.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Unforgettable ballyhooing about passing up Randy Moss in the 98 draft; I’ll rekindle another draft overlook. I recall many were upset about 1996 passing up Tony Brackens, although moreso cuz he was a Longhorn.

While Brackens wasn’t the caliber of HOFer Moss, I wonder if he could’ve been enough to effect few more playoff wins from 96-2000.

Looking back, adding a 3rd rounder to move down 7 spots is pretty good value generally, but I recall Brackens being a notably higher rated prospect than Pittman.

I could have done without being reminded of Clay Shiver.

His sucky ass taught me how fortunate we had been at the position that I never knew what a bad one in a Cowboy uni looked like.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That was great. Classic NFL Films. Hard to believe the Niners only got inside the Cowboys 40 twice all day.

data

Forbes #1
I could have done without being reminded of Clay Shiver.

His sucky ass taught me how fortunate we had been at the position that I never knew what a bad one in a Cowboy uni looked like.
Post-1990, how many Cowboys starters have made the Pro Bowl after they’ve left the Cowboys in free agency?

I can think of three

Top Bottom