Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
All our championships in the 90's were spurred by a terrible late-season defeat, after which we never lost another game.

1992: Blew the lead at RFK (Jimmy's famous meltdown on the plane)
1993: Thanksgiving (thanks, Leon)
1995: Bad loss at the Vet (4th and 1 debacle)

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
All our championships in the 90's were spurred by a terrible late-season defeat, after which we never lost another game.

1992: Blew the lead at RFK (Jimmy's famous meltdown on the plane)
1993: Thanksgiving (thanks, Leon)
1995: Bad loss at the Vet (4th and 1 debacle)
Damn, I hadn't even realized that.

Good catch.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
We went to Dallas for the opener against the Giants in '07 and a guy I knew on the ship had a relative that knew the lady that managed his restaurant in Frisco. She set us up to meet Randy there that Monday after the game and the dude was as cool as you can imagine. Sat and talked with us for almost an hour there. Just so happened his martial arts instructor was there with him, little Asian guy named Master Chai. Randy introduced him and told us that this little guy kicked his ass back when he used to train with him back in the 80's, and when I went to shake his hand, I was joking and I said "ah, he doesn't look that bad" and when I said that, he twisted my arm around my back before I could even think about what the fuck was happening. Randy and his buddy just stood there and chuckled. Then he told us to go get whatever we wanted to eat from the line... lunch was on him.

As far as I know he doesn't own that restaurant anymore, and hasn't for a while. Does it even exist still?

ZeroClub

UFA
Not that I mind, but sort of odd that Super 70's Sports is featuring highlights from the 1960's. Jim Brown retired in 1965.

Also, Super 70's Sports must have some Vasily Alekseyev highlights, don't they?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not that I mind, but sort of odd that Super 70's Sports is featuring highlights from the 1960's. Jim Brown retired in 1965.

Also, Super 70's Sports must have some Vasily Alekseyev highlights, don't they?
Please direct any complaints about Super 70 sports guy to @bbgun

He compiles them and is in indirect communication with the guy. Best friends they are.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Can we start a hall of shame post and stop littering the nostalgia post with our failures.

Top Bottom