Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'll try harder next time. asshole
Listen, it aint about the nobody free agents. Its about that multi-million dollar facility the Cowboys used to have. Jesus, talk about a run down POS.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Too Tall highlights. First internet Dallas board I joined was The Ranch(?) at the Scout Cowboys site in '99, '00. Picked TooTallToBox as a user name because when Ed gave up FB for boxing, I had read about it and told someone "He's too tall to box."

Around :30 in, flattens Chuck Foreman. If I remember right, it was the '77 NFCCG.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Too Tall highlights. First internet Dallas board I joined was The Ranch(?) at the Scout Cowboys site in '99, '00. Picked TooTallToBox as a user name because when Ed gave up FB for boxing, I had read about it and told someone "He's too tall to box."

Around :30 in, flattens Chuck Foreman. If I remember right, it was the '77 NFCCG.

Yeah I remember you there.

That board was a goddamn zoo. Then it got worse when Mike Fisher was over it.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Did it show…his dong?
Heh, no. It was a posed picture with his helmet off, his arm back to pass, his other arm and hand straight forward. I put a caption underneath that said "Heil Chad" and someone interpreted it as promoting Nazism or something and complained.

If I remember right it was when he was named starter after Quinthy got into it with Jerral on the sideline during a game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have seem every Dallas QB since Eddie LeBaron to current. I think maybe some are going on what they have read or has been published by others that is a source of influence for their opinions. Seeing players play year in and year out is a different perspective than reading or watching highlights. A lot of variables such as team mate alignments lend a lot of credibility to their performance especially in the early years. Some of the most highly regarded are the ones who had a lot of talent around them but they were not as athletic as others. Anyhow the debates are interesting to read and wonder how much of the total opinions are first hand.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I have seem every Dallas QB since Eddie LeBaron to current. I think maybe some are going on what they have read or has been published by others that is a source of influence for their opinions. Seeing players play year in and year out is a different perspective than reading or watching highlights. A lot of variables such as team mate alignments lend a lot of credibility to their performance especially in the early years. Some of the most highly regarded are the ones who had a lot of talent around them but they were not as athletic as others. Anyhow the debates are interesting to read and wonder how much of the total opinions are first hand.
What did/do you think of Meredith, LT?

Top Bottom