Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

data

Forbes #1
On the topic of Greg Ellis…

Would you rank Demarcus Lawrence > Greg Ellis?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
At his best, Lawrence was a better pure pass rusher.

Ellis wins longevity and consistency.

Lawrence failed at 3-4 SOLB in 2020 while Ellis made the transition from 2006-2008, though the Cowboys had enough depth in the mid-late 2000's to let Ellis try it out longer.

In 2020, the team had so little besides Lawrence that they were forced to move him back from SOLB to traditional set LDE.

Fat Wade schemed Ellis to a lot of sacks in 2007, and I can see why with players like Ware, Canty, Spears, Ratliff, and Hatcher providing some buffer and diverting the offense's attention.

Overall, despite his missed time, Lawrence got to greater heights on his own merits in worse company, and his strip sack in the Detroit playoff game in 2014 is one of the great clutch defensive plays I've ever seen from the Cowboys.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Looks like Sherrard was issued #88 when he first got here. Maybe he felt it was too much pressure and changed to #86.

trhtr.jpg

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
On the topic of Greg Ellis…

Fuck Greg Ellis. Fuck that gutless and spineless piece of shit right up his whiny, noncontributory ass.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
At least he didn't hold off a surgery for contact leverage.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
View attachment 692253

He came back from a nasty leg injury and made a successful transition to OLB.
Greg Ellis was a bitch. Have you forgotten about him openly complaining about having to play OLB and complaining about “commitment” from Jerry as it pertained to his contract?

Fuck that gutless, 8 sack per season piece of shit with a white hot poker. His level of mediocrity likely made Jason Garrett envious.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Meh, so was Larry Allen. Neither guy hurt us on the field.
AYFKM? You seriously are equating an all-time great to fucking Greg Ellis?

Top Bottom