Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This is football-geeky, but I loved how when Harper ran a curl, he'd really extend his arms out and catch the ball in his hands, just the way you're taught to. Rarely was a body-catcher.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Damn, now I have come off as a Harper hater. I am not.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is football-geeky, but I loved how when Harper ran a curl, he'd really extend his arms out and catch the ball in his hands, just the way you're taught to. Rarely was a body-catcher.
In that same 93 NFCC game, he had this insane finger tip catch in the first half of the game that was inches from the ground.

Do you remember that?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Gosh watching this stuff just makes me wish the way football was. It was a different game back then. This was my child hood so there is always a nostalgic feeling but I don't think I'm wrong in saying the game was totally different back then.
Agreed.

data

Forbes #1
Random stat of the day:
Michael Irvin’s career playoff stats
16 starts (including Carolina injury)
87 rec, 1315 yards (15.1 avg), 8 TDs

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Random stat of the day:
Harper had 24 receptions for 655 yards (27.3 yards) and 4 TDs.

That passing game was so dialed in when the playoffs started.

The chemistry was a big part of it. I also think Turner did his best playcalling in the playoffs.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Random stat of the day:
That's basically a 16 game season and even in 2023, we would love to have a receiver put up that kind of season.... And Irvin did this in the playoffs.

What a fucking winner.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

The chemistry was a big part of it. I also think Turner did his best playcalling in the playoffs.
Like I said before, what Harper did just between 92-94 was quite impressive.

The guy had so many big catches in a short time.

Think about this -- the guy had the catch that essentially sealed the 92 NFCC, the 92 SB, and the 93 NFCC.

He also had memorable plays in the 93 divisional vs Green Bay where he caught a TD and landed on his head, and the longest playoff reception in franchise history vs Green Bay in the 94 divisional.

He may not have been a star, but I will always will have love for Harper and appreciate how huge he was for our dynasty.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
also caught a bomb at the tail end of SB 28 that led to an Emmitt TD and put the game away
Yes I remember that too. He got tackled inside the 5 after making the longest reception of the game for us.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Aikman had another plane in the playoffs .

Top Bottom